Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Windsor??  (Read 1730 times)

Jennifer10

University of Windsor??
« on: September 04, 2004, 01:09:38 AM »
Does anybody know anything about this law school?  Is it ABA approved?

theli

Re: University of Windsor??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 01:16:38 AM »
University of Windsor-the same one in Ontario, Canada?
If so, pretty sure it is..

Jennifer10

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 01:18:58 AM »
yes!

inthesun

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 01:32:42 AM »
U of Windsor is not ABA approved.  ABA schools are all in the United States, and Windsor is Canadian.  Don't let that get you down...different states in the US have different requirements for you to take the state bar exam and practice law.  There are law schools in the US that don't require a bachelor's degree to attend, and you can take the state bar with a JD from those particular schools.  Other states (like CA, for one) allow you to take the state bar if you went to a law school in state, even if not ABA.  I don't know the specifics, as I have not researched the topic extensively, but each of these items have been mentioned on this board at one time or another, and I am sure the details won't be too difficult to find.

Good luck, Jen!

inthesun 8)

Jennifer10

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 01:47:13 AM »
inthesun- I live in Michigan (near the Canadian border) & was thinking of making that 1 of my options of schools to apply to.  But.... I won't now!

Oh and I did do a search on this school here & couldn't find anything! :D

inthesun

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 01:53:04 AM »
inthesun- I live in Michigan (near the Canadian border) & was thinking of making that 1 of my options of schools to apply to.  But.... I won't now!

Oh and I did do a search on this school here & couldn't find anything! :D

I'm glad I could help!   :)

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 02:18:32 AM »
Whoa Nelly: 

Windsor offers a LLB/JD program...you get an American Law degree and a Canadian law degree in 3 years (the JD is through either Wayne State or Detroit Mercy).

It is tempting given the tuition and stuff, heh.

Matt

inthesun

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 02:19:51 AM »
Whoa Nelly: 

Windsor offers a LLB/JD program...you get an American Law degree and a Canadian law degree in 3 years (the JD is through either Wayne State or Detroit Mercy).

It is tempting given the tuition and stuff, heh.

Matt

I knew there was probably SOMETHING like this.  Thanks, Matt!  I knew someone would come through.  ; :)