Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So much for SAT being a good predictor of the LSAT  (Read 6682 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: So much for SAT being a good predictor of the LSAT
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 12:13:41 AM »
1440 (730V 710M) and a 165. I don't know what the exact percentiels are, but i'd say that seems to bear out about the same. I didnt' study for either, but I think if you studied for one and not the other that it wouldn't end up correlating very well.

why didn't you study for the LSAT?

Only Gunners study for the LSAT.

I don't trust most people who say they didn't study.  Most of the rest I think are morons.

I barely studied. Compared to what some of you people did to prepare... I did a kaplan course, and I was half-asleep during most of the sessions. I also didn't do any of the kaplan homework.

So, I guess I am a moron  :'(

... meh, I already came to that conclusion on my own, I guess.

I'm not good at studying. I think it's the ADD.
VIP.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 12:30:32 AM »
Posting about SAT scores on the high school board is TTT guys.  Please stop. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

notmikejones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 12:31:53 AM »
I think that when people try to draw a connection between ACT/SAT scores and LSAT scores they fail to consider how much some people change between their senior year in high school and just before their senior year in college.  I for one am a completely different person.  I am not saying that my level of intelligence or potential to do well changed, but rather that things like motivation, attention to detail, and my level of preparation have all changed.  Unless you are the exact same person you were four or more years ago, I think it is tough to expect the SAT to predict your LSAT, and I personally don't know many college seniors who are the same as when they were 17 or 18.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 10:18:43 PM »
Haha, jesus, LSD really is screwed up. I'm merely using a layman's definition of studying.  Taking a Kaplan course qualifies.  Doing a handful of practice tests probably qualifies.  I'm talking about people who claim to have gone in nearly cold.  I'm talking about that mythical friend that everybody claims to have who doesn't want to go to law school but took the LSAT on a Saturday morning for shits and giggles and got a 178.

Ah, well, I guess I don't qualify as THAT guy. I really didn't change my strategy much from my first practice test though... I diagrammed the LG a little better after I got used to them...

I think that when people try to draw a connection between ACT/SAT scores and LSAT scores they fail to consider how much some people change between their senior year in high school and just before their senior year in college.  I for one am a completely different person.  I am not saying that my level of intelligence or potential to do well changed, but rather that things like motivation, attention to detail, and my level of preparation have all changed.  Unless you are the exact same person you were four or more years ago, I think it is tough to expect the SAT to predict your LSAT, and I personally don't know many college seniors who are the same as when they were 17 or 18.

Hmm... Yeah, I sort of lost my motivation, attention to detail turned into "something to do until naptime" and my level of preparation... well... I took the SAT twice, so I guess my preparation was better on that (right? 2 > 1?)
VIP.