Law School Discussion

Law School Open Houses in January

skeeball

• View Profile
Law School Open Houses in January
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »
I've been invited to open houses in January at a couple schools I've applied too--and my apps are still pending.

What is this all about?

It seems like the idea time to have an open house would either be in a.) August or September when applicants are trying to decide where to apply or b.) in March or April when people have been accepted and are trying to decide where to go.

I'm going to go to the one that's in town, but I don't really know what I should expect to get out of it. There's a sample class and Q & A session. At this point, I'm beyond looking into class size, specialty areas, etc. I just want to know whether or not I'm in....

Any thoughts?

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Open Houses in January
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »
I've been invited to open houses in January at a couple schools I've applied too--and my apps are still pending.

What is this all about?

It seems like the idea time to have an open house would either be in a.) August or September when applicants are trying to decide where to apply or b.) in March or April when people have been accepted and are trying to decide where to go.

I'm going to go to the one that's in town, but I don't really know what I should expect to get out of it. There's a sample class and Q & A session. At this point, I'm beyond looking into class size, specialty areas, etc. I just want to know whether or not I'm in....

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I've gotten several postcards from WUSTL telling me about their January open house.  I'd like to go, but I don't want to waste money on a plane ticket and hotel if I'm not even accepted to their school. I'm just going to wait to go anywhere until admitted students weekends.

True.  I don't anyone has heard from WUSL, which is odd since I believe their ED notification was Dec 15.  Maybe noone on this board or LSN was ED (this would be odd, plus I think Jesus was).  Anyways I expected them to at least notify a few EA applicants as well, especially considering they have been pushing this open house.  And I mean really, who is going to go to St. Louis if they don't have a decision yet ... it was just named the most dangerous city in the US...

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 08:56:24 AM »
I applied EA there.  I think they have to let us know before Feb 15.  But I did find it strange that no one on LSN has anything about it too.  ???

yeah me too ... its feb 5th, which as some have pointed out is fairly useless since most places will tell you by then if you had your app in by nov 15th.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »
And I mean really, who is going to go to St. Louis if they don't have a decision yet ... it was just named the most dangerous city in the US...

Hey now...

I live in St. Louis (well, just outside it).  It's a nice town. That was a terrible survey.

And the area near the WUSTL campus is very nice.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 09:26:22 AM »
And I mean really, who is going to go to St. Louis if they don't have a decision yet ... it was just named the most dangerous city in the US...

Hey now...

I live in St. Louis (well, just outside it).  It's a nice town. That was a terrible survey.

And the area near the WUSTL campus is very nice.

haha yeah so I've heard.  I was just messin', those surveys are always dumb.  We all know Detroit is the most dangerous city...