Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: December bombers, come in here and put your ego's aside  (Read 4394 times)

survivor07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Phoenix is Freelancer is Syd
    • View Profile
Re: December bombers, come in here and put your ego's aside
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2006, 08:17:43 AM »
I love this thread, thanks guys! I cried myself to sleep last night, cried this morning when I woke up and now I think I'm all cried out.  (I think). 

It's good to have a support system! We'll rock it out the next time.   :-*
-"Outstanding people have one thing in common: and absoulte sense of mission."

-"Patience, Persistence, and perspiration make an ubeatable combination for success."

-"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Java Man

• Good to the Last Drop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2006, 09:00:08 AM »

RobinSinghsDaddy is very wise.  Everyone should reread his post.

Yes he is...

Reread his post folks...

Life is all about perspective.  Don't believe me?

Watch this video...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4642920755415594672

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D52rJd9GX10

If it is not there, then Google "Team Hoyt"

What a story!

I hope this helps someone keep the LSAT in the right perspective.

Java

Counting Beans? (137 / 144 / ?)

jddino

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2006, 09:10:36 AM »
I already posted thie on another thread, but I wanted to make sure my fellow "bobmbers" gave me advice so here it is:

heres the deal, I spent the last 6 months of my life doing serious LSAT studying.  5 days a week, 4 hours a day, I have done both Bibles, the powerscore weekend class and the last 30 preptests.  I scored a 145, I am crushed.  I want to go to LS for the fall of '07, I have reisigned myself to the fact that I will go to a T4 school.  My problem lies in the fact that I have a 2.41 UGPA, with a 3.7 in my last 2 years of undergrad.  On the upside I have an MA, and strong internship and volunteer community work, I am also 29, white and a male.  My question to you is should I just let my crummy LSAT roll right now with about 10 T4 schools?  Or am I too low?  Or should I take in Feb?  But isnt this too late to apply for this year? HELP?!?

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2006, 09:23:47 AM »
Dino - I'm not sure what your chances are with your current LSAT score, but in case it helps my gpa is not a whole lot better then yours and I'm taking the LSAT in Feb.  I really want to go to school in 2007 so I need to try.
How were you doing on your practice tests?  Were they significantly higher?  If so, maybe it was just nerves like a lot of people here are saying...
University of Toledo 0L

jddino

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2006, 09:25:15 AM »
everywhere from 150-160

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »
Next time try to take  like 4 test with a proctor. The proctors for some reason make  me nervous and effect my score.

butterz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »
NEW RULE: No one with a 160 or above can post on this thread & then female dog about bombing the December LSAT...I'm not naming names, but you get no sympathy here.  ;D
:-) WUSTL($$), W&L ($$), UNC-Chapel Hill($$), Fordham PT, Wake Forest, Miami($$), IU-B($$), Pacific-McGeorge ($$$$), Hofstra ($$$$), GMU PT ($$), GW
:-| BC, Cornell, NU, Penn
:-O It Just Wasn't Meant to Be: GULC PT, Boalt, UCLA

jddino

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »
Butterz, I second that motion. Like 2 seconds ago I was just saying to my g'friend how much I hate these people who come on here and talk like their world is ending b/c they scored a 167

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »
They annoy me too - I just got mad at someone in another thread who asked whether it was too late for him to apply to schools with a 4.0/178, maybe it was a flame. 

Dino - if you've been scoring in the 150s on your PTs then I see no reason to accept your score...why not apply and make a note that you will be retaking in Feb??
University of Toledo 0L

freakoutgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »
I am so glad that we all have each other to relate to.  I have some people that are telling me to apply with my suck ass score, but there's no way I am going to do that because I KNOW that I can do better.  I had friends that took it who barely studied and basically are stupid and they scored higher than me.  I need to learn how to control my nerves during the real test and I should be fine.  I think there is still hope for us to get in for Fall of 07.
Major: Psychology & Political Science
GPA: 3.5
EC's: SGA Senator, Development Council VP, College of Arts & Sciences Ambassador, University Appeals Board, Freshman Orientation Teacher, College Dems, Studying abroad in France
Dec '06: too embarassed to post
Feb '07: hoping for above a 160