Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mail Withdraw  (Read 625 times)

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
Mail Withdraw
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:25:34 AM »
I put down my college address for all of my apps.  This means that I will have to wait at least 3 weeks to check my mailbox again, which means I'm freaking out!  I check that box at least twice a day when I was at school and it has only been 2 days since I have been gone.  Is anyone else suffering through this horror?

In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007

11th-hour

• View Profile
Re: Mail Withdraw
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »
Why can't you have your school forward your mail while you're on break?  I always did that when I was an undergrad..

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 01:58:15 PM »
I was on-campus until yesterday, but for some reason, the mail didn't come Tuesday or yesterday! That was annoying. I was going to ask my roommate who will be on campus most of the time while I'm gone to check the mail for me, but the front desk is closed until Jan 2 :(

Fortunately, the phone call I got from Penn telling me I was admitted allievated my mail withdrawal. I hope any other schools making decisions this week will be kind enough to let their admitted students know by email or phone, since lots of us will be away from our mailboxes for the holidays.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »
i'm not sure, but i think law schools realize this, and the ones who send out their acceptances during christmas seem to send them to the permanent address. i don't think that's a hard and fast rule, but i think a number of places i've seen have done that.

In any case, think about how cool it'll be when you check your mailbox!

Schruted

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »
I have a letter from Georgetown waiting for me when I get back. I think I know what it says, but still, this is killing me. I'm tempted to make the 10-hour roundtrip drive just to get my mail.
NYU 2010

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 01:02:51 PM »
I guess I just didn't think about the whole mail forwarding thing, but I don't think USPS would forward it b/c I don't have my credit card info sent to my school address.  It was something like that, but I hope that the mail is still being delivered or when I get back I'll be so sad to see an empty mailbox!
In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007