Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Looks or Brains?  (Read 5474 times)

Tom

Looks or Brains?
« on: September 03, 2004, 10:22:27 AM »
Which do you prefer in a member of the opposite sex, or same sex if you're gay, that you might date, looks or brains?
Looks are not that important to me, I prefer brains, even if she is brighter than me.
I also like a woman who is physical fit.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
Re: Looks or Brains?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 10:37:45 AM »
Well, with me it's not an either/or scenario.  If she doesn't have both, I don't want either.

ZAP

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 10:42:34 AM »
I agree with ZAP...there has to be both.  Brains are obviously more important in the long run, but if there's no attraction it just wouldn't work.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 11:12:53 AM »
Brains, you can buy looks, but stupid is always stupid.

And if my wife ever reads this, I'm glad I got both when I married you!

NYKnicks

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 11:13:19 AM »
I think I need both, looks will do it for maybe a week, but that gets pretty boring. Brains would work for about a month, but if there's absolutely no physical attraction...that would be pretty crappy.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 11:22:48 AM »
I also agree that there needs to be a nice mix of brains and looks... then again, another important attribute would be personality. I need someone who is fun to be with!
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 11:24:19 AM »
Pretty much the way I feel.  If I was all into the exploitation of others, I'd say looks then just dump them when they got boring.  Since that's not the case, I really think looks alone aren't enough to cut it... but even the most beautiful mind can't compensate for no physical attration.  On a friends level?  Of course.  Otherwise?  No.

ZAP

I think I need both, looks will do it for maybe a week, but that gets pretty boring. Brains would work for about a month, but if there's absolutely no physical attraction...that would be pretty crappy.

M2

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 11:30:51 AM »
For a fling it doesn't matter if she can add 1+1

For a longterm relationship she's gotta have both

NYKnicks

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 11:37:56 AM »
Lets wait a few years and see.

I dunno... all beauty and no brains works well for Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. lol. I couldn't figure out how he (Lachey) lived with someone so stupid. So, I asked my husband why he would stay with her, for a guy's opinion, y'know. He looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently, if someone that hot puts out all the time, that could be all you need.... :-\

Pretty much the way I feel.  If I was all into the exploitation of others, I'd say looks then just dump them when they got boring.  Since that's not the case, I really think looks alone aren't enough to cut it... but even the most beautiful mind can't compensate for no physical attration.  On a friends level?  Of course.  Otherwise?  No.

ZAP

thechoson

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 11:45:07 AM »
None of the girls I've gone out have been dropdead gorgeous in the traditional sense.  The funny thing is, this has nothing to do with my lack of game, cause I don't feel attracted to really dropdead gorgeous chicks in that way.  (maybe cause I have no game, I don't bother trying? who knows?)  Anyways, there is this thing, that I feel, once I get to know a girl.  Has nothing to do with looks, maybe some brains.  There are certain girls that just make you feel good, and give you that fuzzy feeling in your stomach.  I still can't really pinpoint what EXACTLY that is, but if a girl has that, I dig her, disregarding looks or brains (although they got to have a LITTLE of both, at least.)

Also, I have neither looks nor brains, so I am not in the position to be picky.