Law School Discussion

GPA question

GPA question
« on: February 27, 2004, 01:58:21 AM »
Hello all!  I had some questions about this whole LSDAS and GPA thing.  Will this count community college classes from when I was in high school?  Will this count classes I have taken since graduation at both the graduate and undergraduate level? 

I am currently a graduate student in Mathematics who has decided to change directions to law school.  I had a 3.33 UGPA at graduation which is now up to 3.40 from a few classes that I took.  I also have a 4.0 GGPA (with only 3 classes).  I basically want to know if my coursework from after graduation counts for anything.  Thanks.

lawstudent2004

• 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
Re: GPA question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 05:48:27 AM »
I think that you are supposed to send in transcripts from every college course you have ever taken.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:59:58 AM »
You are supposed to send LSDAS every transcript from every institution you attended during college (summer courses, tranfers, etc). They organize it all. Mine actually worked to my advantage because the summer courses I took at a college back home boosted my GPA a bit!

Good luck!

Jan

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 09:10:19 AM »
  Hello!  I also took classes at a local college while still in high  school and the LSDAS counted them...even though I recieved high school credit for them.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 09:30:20 AM »
To answer a question not yet addressed, the LADAS report shows a compiling of all work that woy have finished wether it be UGPA, GGPA or high school co enrollment either way it is listed. A GGPA can help you out showing that wished to further your education but as far as admissions that look at qualitative and quantitative factors your UGPA much more weighted (much much) than GGPA (but in borderline cases a GGPA does count, nonetheless).
Hope this helps,  ;D
IVY_Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 03:45:10 PM »
Regarding GPA, LSDAS does NOT factor in grades from courses taken after the first bachelor's degree is awarded.