Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to drink the day the scores are released?  (Read 818 times)

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
What to drink the day the scores are released?
« on: December 18, 2006, 08:44:55 PM »
In honor of the "what to eat" thread...

What to drink before looking at your score? After? My choices:

Before: A Sam Adams Winter Lager
After (if score is good): Another Sam Adams Winter Lager
After (if score is bad): Liquidized anthrax mixed with tiger balls
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Cindy

• View Profile
Re: What to drink the day the scores are released?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:57:24 PM »
before: a shot of bourbon whiskey
after - if score is good: red wine toast to celebrate
after - if score is bad: the rest of the bottle of whiskey
~Cindy

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:01:04 PM »
Ill have a few shots of bourbon with some buddies beforehand to keep from getting nervous...

If its good: More bourbon
If its bad: More bourbon

Some Stagg bourbon whiskey... 140 proof... should do me nicely

guyminuslife

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fascism -- @#!* Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:06:33 PM »
Chianti. And fava beans if you've got them.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 12:06:39 AM »
You've got me wanting to go down to the bar and get a Sam Adams Winter Lager right now.

Fortunately, there's a bar below my apartment.

I was in Boston a few weeks ago and there was a Harpoon Winter Warmer or something that was excellent.

But the best Christmas-time beer in the world can only be had in the UK, and that's

Young's Christmas Pudding

I'd kill for a bottle of that right now.

Bar below the apartment = awesome.

That Christmas Pudding Ale sounds del.icio.us. Luckily, there's a bar that always has over 500 different beers available at any time, so they'll probably have it if anyone does. I know where I'm going tomorrow!
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:07:51 AM »
Chianti. And fava beans if you've got them.

Tpht tpht tpht tpht tpht tpht tpht. Or however you onomatopoeia that.

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 12:14:18 AM »
I've never seen it in the States; I usually go to London for Thanksgiving and bring back 6-12 for myself and some friends, but didn't make it this year :( ...  I've had liquor stores try to import it for me, but they have never been able to.  It's made in very limited quantities.

I didn't go to the bar downstairs, but I did go to the store and buy a 6 pack of Sam Adams and a 4 pack of Samuel Smith's Winter and I'm 2 in now and showing no signs of stopping :)  I blame it all on you.

I just checked... they have three other Young's, but not the Christmas Pudding. :(

I'm glad to contribute to your imbibing. I've made myself thirsty now. All I have in the house are Blue Moon and Alaskan Amber. Ah well, they'll have to do... for now. :)

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 12:48:16 AM »
I just checked... they have three other Young's, but not the Christmas Pudding. Sad

If they have it, check out the Youngs Winter Warmer, which is also very good.

Sometime I'll start a thread with my tips on a trip to London, but note this one now:

If you are ever in London, get to Wandsworth and do the tour of the Youngs brewery.  Absolutely awesome.  They still brew everything on site there, and the tour is very hands on.  You actually wind up basically sticking your head in some of the vats of beer they are brewing, walking through the entire facility, etc.  They actually deliver some beer to their pubs via horse still, and you go through and check out their stables as well.  (Their horses are used mostly for shows & marketing now)...

It's about 20 minutes outside of Central London, very affordable, and ends with a free pint.  People go on tours of Guiness in Dublin, which is super corporate and controlled ...  this Youngs tour is the real deal, and is one of the best kept secrets in London.

Awesome tip, thanks! I'm saving this one.

I was wrong, they only have two Young's: Double Chocolate Stout and Oatmeal Stout. It's this place: http://www.freakinfrog.com/

If you're ever in Vegas, let me know, we should go out for a pint or two.

LSN</

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:47 AM »

PS:  That bar has Samuel Smith's Winter Warmer.  Excellent beer -- check it out next time you go.

I'm going either tomorrow or Wednesday, so I'll be sure to. I'll probably also try another Winter beer or two, I'll post how they were here.

LSN</

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 06:38:30 AM »
Irish beer....irish beer....irish beer.......
Washington University School of Law 2010