Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Denver  (Read 1535 times)

watson

• View Profile
U of Denver
« on: December 17, 2006, 07:58:23 AM »
Has anyone seen the school?  I am planning on visiting in February or March but would love some insight now.
Thanks
University of Denver - Class of 2010!!

KingOfSwords

• View Profile
Re: U of Denver
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:36:45 AM »
To Watson, and anyone else considering Denver:

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ATTEND THIS LAW SCHOOL!!!!

I cannot stress this enough.  There are so many crazy things wrong with DU that it quite literally boggles the mind.  Many are institutional in nature and deal with defects in policy and administration.  Some deal with professors of questionable skill.  Some deal with students of questionable intelligence. 

I am a current student at DU, and know whereof I speak.  I'll be happy to contact anyone by e-mail who would like to know more, but I must stress this point: DO NOT go here.  If you must go to law school in Colorado, go to the University of Colorado at Boulder. 

toxic tort

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »
Has anyone seen the school?  I am planning on visiting in February or March but would love some insight now.
Thanks

I took my LSAT there in June. Nice building and campus. I defer to "King of Swords" for actual knowledge of the program, though it seems he may be a tad biased.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:49:18 PM »
I took my LSAT there as well.

Building is quite nice & modern. Campus overall is in kind of a crappy part of town.

It is currently my last ditch backup (as the only school I have heard back from), but I wasnt under the impression it was as bad as the previous poster said. Care to elaborate on what those problems are?
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

h2xblive

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:07:59 PM »
I took my LSAT there as well.

Building is quite nice & modern. Campus overall is in kind of a crappy part of town.

It is currently my last ditch backup (as the only school I have heard back from), but I wasnt under the impression it was as bad as the previous poster said. Care to elaborate on what those problems are?

Yes, please tell us.

TerribleTTTowel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »
I applied there.

I'm in this thread.

watson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 07:53:21 AM »
I have been emailing another U of Denver student who does not have the strident opinion of the previous poster.  She likes the school and for the most part the professors.  This just goes to show everyone has a different opinion.
I would love to have an email with specifics.  I am visiting the campus in March before I send confirmation money.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 02:59:43 PM »
Hey guys -

I am a 1L at Denver.  I have posted a bit about the school on other threads, but I'd be happy to answer any questions here or through PM. 

I am a very happy with the school and know that I made the right choice for me.  I too am curious to hear the other poster's complaints/problems with the professors.  Grades did just come out a couple of weeks ago, so perhaps that has to do with it?  Anyway, I do think (and hope) that the above student is an exception to the rule.  I have a pretty great group of friends at school and I know they are all really happy with their law school experience so far.
2L

watson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 03:33:03 PM »
Cesco,
Are you happy with your choice of Denver?   What has been the most positive and alternativly the most negative part of law school at Denver?

JTcc

• Sr. Citizen
  • Such sweet sorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 06:19:02 PM »
I just withdrew my app yesterday; I hope that frees up some cash for future Pioneers. 

I knew I would never attend, but I had a good experience dealing with DU.  First of all, I love the city of Denver (I live in a hole a few miles south).  It is my favorite city west of the Mississippi (skier bias perhaps?).  I was given a one-on-one tour by one of the admissions officers before I even applied.  She introduced me to the leading professor in my field, who spoke to me for several minutes and gave me his e-mail (I am citing him in my thesis).  You can't beat a shiny new building. 

I left DU thinking that even my super-safety would be an OK experience.
Wolverine '10