Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have no idea how to pay for law school.  (Read 9448 times)

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I have no idea how to pay for law school.
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2007, 10:13:48 PM »
I'm looking for some definite consensus on this one:

on the FAFSA, include parental info or no? I think no, but I just want to hear from people who have already submitted it.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

on the FAFSA, include parental info or no? I think no, but I just want to hear from people who have already submitted it.

I did not submit my parental info.  Though this will be counteracted by when I submit the Need Access form, which I believe makes inputting your parental info mandatory.
Yale.Law.School.2010

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2007, 11:32:35 PM »

I did not submit my parental info.  Though this will be counteracted by when I submit the Need Access form, which I believe makes inputting your parental info mandatory.

Ghey. I won't be able to do my Need Access until the end of Feb. then, because that's when my parents are having their taxes done. WTF anyway? With the exception of the occasional $100 from my mom, my parents give me nothing. Can't I just say that? This is dumb.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2007, 11:36:15 PM »

Ghey. I won't be able to do my Need Access until the end of Feb. then, because that's when my parents are having their taxes done. WTF anyway? With the exception of the occasional $100 from my mom, my parents give me nothing. Can't I just say that? This is dumb.

I think I'm just going to estimate my parent's tax stuff.  They're also not filing until February, but I don't want to wait that long.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »

there is a series of questions on the FAFSA that if you answer all "no"s to you have to send in parental info. (Were you born after __, were you ever in the army...)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »

there is a series of questions on the FAFSA that if you answer all "no"s to you have to send in parental info. (Were you born after __, were you ever in the army...)

TITCR

Whether or not you have to enter the parental info is determined by you answer to a few preliminary questions.  If you give certain answers, you have the option of not including your parental info. 
Yale.Law.School.2010

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2007, 11:21:42 AM »
For those of us who aren't even eligible for FAFSA, this thread could use more creative ideas of how to pay for law school!

/please?
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2007, 11:24:16 AM »
For those of us who aren't even eligible for FAFSA, this thread could use more creative ideas of how to pay for law school!

/please?

I tried to steer it in this direction.  In the end, it just turned out to be me whining.  hahahaa
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2007, 11:33:06 AM »

/please?

I tried to steer it in this direction.  In the end, it just turned out to be me whining.  hahahaa

Hey, I whine about it in multiple threads  ;D  If one adcom reads about our plight and issues a full scholarship, it will be all worth it!
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »

/please?

Hey, I whine about it in multiple threads  ;D  If one adcom reads about our plight and issues a full scholarship, it will be all worth it!

:D :D :D

No kidding!
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.