Law School Discussion

UVA: Send out decisions for non-ED tomorrow. Thanks!

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: UVA: Send out decisions for non-ED tomorrow. Thanks!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 11:16:34 AM »
Yes, about softball:  Could UVA people tell me the answer to this question:  If I suck at softball, will I be a social outcast?

The response I've always heard on this is "no," but the real question is, who doesn't like softball?

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 11:21:54 AM »
Yes, about softball:  Could UVA people tell me the answer to this question:  If I suck at softball, will I be a social outcast?

The response I've always heard on this is "no," but the real question is, who doesn't like softball?

athletically inept 0Ls like me?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »

Hehe, but you don't have to be athletic to play softball!  The whole game is built around drinking beer!

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 11:27:46 AM »

Hehe, but you don't have to be athletic to play softball!  The whole game is built around drinking beer!

In the case I end up at UVA, I plan on being the best damn drunk cheerleader ever!

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 02:31:43 PM »
Well, maybe not today, but DEFINITELY tomorrow.  ;)

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »
That is alway a hope for tomorrow.

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »
Someone call today to ask when we can expect to start hearing RD decisions?  ;D

TITCR  ;)

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2006, 10:54:15 AM »
I'm going down to Charlottesville tomorrow for a party, and it is going to take all my effort not to storm the admissions office:

"UVA, glorious UVA, your peer schools are accepting people, why aren't you?  Don't you want to get in on the action?  Don't you want to inspire excitement and frenzy?  I know you do, but remember:  we can't love you until you love us..."

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2006, 11:12:54 AM »
I'm going down to Charlottesville tomorrow for a party, and it is going to take all my effort not to storm the admissions office:

"UVA, glorious UVA, your peer schools are accepting people, why aren't you?  Don't you want to get in on the action?  Don't you want to inspire excitement and frenzy?  I know you do, but remember:  we can't love you until you love us..."

I really can't take it anymore.  Somebody (besides me) please call the office  ;)

Goodfella

• I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 09:39:51 PM »

No. Besides, you'll get good if you're not. It's like that game that I forget, easy to learn, difficult to master. There will always be the ridiculously athletic guy who can hit home runs with the wooden bat, but most people can make a passable right fielder.

Besides, there are so many opportunities to socialize; softball isn't the only one. I know plenty of people that don't bother with softball that have vibrant social lives. Most people only play on their section team and you see them all the damn time anyway.

And I saw the admissions dean leaving the school at 10:00 tonight. So rest assured they're working on it! Good luck to everyone, you should all come here (then again, if you're ED I guess you don't have a choice)!

Also, Cville is not the boonies. We rock! I ate dinner next to Boyd Tinsley, where else can you do that?

Last year my admission letter was sent to my current address but last year they seemed to be getting decisions out earlier so who knows. And I didn't get a call but still got in.