Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Chances  (Read 1515 times)

lawsite01

• View Profile
Law School Chances
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:46:52 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new here and just had a question.  What's the minimum GPA acceptable for most law schools if you have a high lsat score.  My first year marks were pretty bad mainly due to personal reasons, but since then they've went up significantly each year.  Do any law schools take top 3 years or anything like that?  or would it be possible to retake a  year?  Do they consider that some schools mark harder than others?

Any input would be appreciated thanks. 

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Chances
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 10:07:46 AM »
 :-\
Hi everyone, I'm new here and just had a question.  What's the minimum GPA acceptable for most law schools if you have a high lsat score.  My first year marks were pretty bad mainly due to personal reasons, but since then they've went up significantly each year.  Do any law schools take top 3 years or anything like that?  or would it be possible to retake a  year?  Do they consider that some schools mark harder than others?

Any input would be appreciated thanks. 

\

Since you're positng in the Oh Canada site, i'll assume you want to know about Canadian schools.

Most schools don't have a minimum GPA per say except Queen's I think has an LSAT cutoff.

If you have a reason for the bad firist year marks, you should address it in your PS. If you've read all the school's admission brochures you should have seen this.

Canadian school stress the last 2 years of your GPA.

Some school have a better reputation than others and I would like to think that it factors into their decision, although the law schools themselves might never admit it.

Now you speak of a high lsat score, have you taken the lsat yet? I'd advise you to some more serious research on law schools, at this point I have no idea what a low GPA in your mind or an high lsat score in your mind means.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

morbo

• View Profile
Re: Law School Chances
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »
bump
I'm curious about Law schools stressing the last two years/taking the best three years of GPA.

I have a good GPA, but my last year was lower than the rest (largely due to one bad course).  So, overall is 3.68, best three years is about 3.85, and final year is about 3.3.

Anyone know how law schools will treat that?