Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U. Colorado or U. Denver? Help!!  (Read 10634 times)

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
Re: U. Colorado or U. Denver? Help!!
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 01:56:44 AM »
<------- from nebraska

i'll pay the higher tuition thanks  ;)

Ha, I talked to a Nebraskan yesterday. I think CU would be a sweet school.

I got mail yesterday with a 15,000 scholarship a year. I am jealous of the 20,000 a year scholarship. Assuming I get accepted to Colorado I have no idea which one I would choose right now.
Paid the seat deposit at DU

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 09:02:06 AM »
<------- from nebraska

i'll pay the higher tuition thanks  ;)

Ha, I talked to a Nebraskan yesterday. I think CU would be a sweet school.

I got mail yesterday with a 15,000 scholarship a year. I am jealous of the 20,000 a year scholarship. Assuming I get accepted to Colorado I have no idea which one I would choose right now.

you dont seem nasty enough to be a CU fan  ;)

congrats on the scholly, too bad they dont give any visiting students any love
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
So it seems like Dever would be around 47,000 dollars total in tuition for me right now. Colorado, assuming I didn't get a scholarship (which is probably likely), would be 66,000 dollars.

So, do you guys think the higher ranking is worth 20,000 dollars of additional debt? I am undecided.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2008, 05:48:19 PM »
So it seems like Dever would be around 47,000 dollars total in tuition for me right now. Colorado, assuming I didn't get a scholarship (which is probably likely), would be ...thinking...30+18+18=66,000 dollars.

So, do you guys think the higher ranking is worth 20,000 dollars of additional debt? I am undecided.

Keep in mind that not all scholarship offers are locks for three years. Neither is in-state tuition.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
So it seems like Dever would be around 47,000 dollars total in tuition for me right now. Colorado, assuming I didn't get a scholarship (which is probably likely), would be ...thinking...30+18+18=66,000 dollars.

Keep in mind that not all scholarship offers are locks for three years. Neither is in-state tuition.

I am aware. Denver's is contingent upon a 3.0 cumulative. In-state tuition at Colorado does seem like a lock for the second and third year.

But thanks for answering the question!

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 07:01:40 PM »
So it seems like Dever would be around 47,000 dollars total in tuition for me right now. Colorado, assuming I didn't get a scholarship (which is probably likely), would be 66,000 dollars.

And I am specifically speaking about CU v. DU. Clearly Harvard compared to DU would be worthwhile. But DU and CU seem quite comparable in the area, which is where I plan on practicing.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »
For the ranking between those I don't think it is worth it to pay more for one or the other.

As mentioned, the real debate is maintaining 3.0 vs the instate.  Lose the 3.0 and the price jumps accordingly.  Don't get instate and you are paying (possibly) alot more. 

But from what I understand it is nearly impossible to lose the instate. How could you?

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
Just to add one more opinion, I'm a CO native, went to CU for undergrad, loved it.  I applied to CU and DU and got rejected at both, but I wanted CU much more.  In state tuition is impossible for me to pass up.  I am still seriously considering trying to transfer to CU for 2L depending on where I end up for 1L.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »
One more thing about housing in Boulder.  It doesn't have to be as expensive as it's typically rumored to be.  I lived in Boulder for about 2 years after graduating, and the last house I lived in was 4 blocks from Pearl St. and I paid $300/month.  If you have the time and patience you can find rates right on par with prices in Denver.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »
Just to add one more opinion, I'm a CO native, went to CU for undergrad, loved it.  I applied to CU and DU and got rejected at both, but I wanted CU much more.  In state tuition is impossible for me to pass up.  I am still seriously considering trying to transfer to CU for 2L depending on where I end up for 1L.

consider arkansas, either little rock (where i am) or fayetteville.  in-state tuition scholly for ALL out of state acceptees.

i did 2 years here and will do the visiting student thing at denver for 3L.  that is, if they ever confirm it.   :P
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD