Law School Discussion

Deferral v Waitlist

Re: Deferral v Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 09:16:52 AM »
So deferral is something official the school sends you?  I have been waiting to hear from Rutgers N for almost 2 months.  Should I call or just shut my mouth and wait?

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
Yeah, I agree that people are being too pessimistic (although I guess it IS that time of year.)  Last year I was waitlisted at four schools and didn't get rejected from any of them - accepted at two, withdrew from the other two.  Also, I got my two waitlist accepts by the end of April, although I think that was on the early side for the overall applicant pool.

I did get rejected from the one school that deferred me.  Ironically, that was the lowest ranked school of the bunch (by a long shot.)  So in my wisdom and maturity, I've just decided that they are a bunch of fucktards.  :D

Hang tight, ye borderline candidates!  Here's hoping!

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 08:25:20 PM »
Silly me, I was happy to be waitlisted at Hasting snd USF considering I have a 150 LSAT score...but I recently discovered how far my URM status and kick as LOR's, Resume and ExC got me...damn I should have been more ambitous, my only reach schools were Hastings and maybe USF, SCU, GSU and Pacific, but its not looking that way from the trend.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 06:06:09 AM »
Yeah, I agree that people are being too pessimistic (although I guess it IS that time of year.)  Last year I was waitlisted at four schools and didn't get rejected from any of them - accepted at two, withdrew from the other two.  Also, I got my two waitlist accepts by the end of April, although I think that was on the early side for the overall applicant pool.

THANK YOU. 

You seriously give me hope that it's not over.  I got waitlisted at four schools too (so far) and maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm staying optimistic.  If I get accepted at any two of those, I'll be pretty happy.  If one of the two that accept me just happen to be WAKE FORREST, I'd be... well VERY HAPPY. lol

Question, did you send any additional stuff to those schools?

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 06:21:03 AM »

THANK YOU. 

You seriously give me hope that it's not over.  I got waitlisted at four schools too (so far) and maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm staying optimistic.  If I get accepted at any two of those, I'll be pretty happy.  If one of the two that accept me just happen to be WAKE FORREST, I'd be... well VERY HAPPY. lol

Question, did you send any additional stuff to those schools?

I sent each of them a letter of continued interest almost immediately, and then nothing else.  I wouldn't follow that strategy, tho - it seems that the schools do want to hear from you periodically while you're in limbo.  When I got the call admitting me to the school I ended up attending, the dean of admissions mentioned that they weren't sure I was still out there since they hadn't heard a peep out of me (and it wasn't that long - I was waitlisted in February or March and admitted at the end of April!)  I just took the school at their word: when they said I wouldn't hear anything until April or May, I left them alone.  I wouldn't deluge them with calls or emails, but a check-in every other week or so is probably prudent.

Good luck!