Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Acceptances  (Read 6098 times)

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: GW Acceptances
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
I will be obsesively checking my e-mail and watching my cell phone for the next several days.  I'm not an auto admit but I think I have a good chance.

How are you not an auto-admit?  Unless you committed some sort of violent crime you are in.

I have 3 lsat scores.  167 is my highest.  my average is only a 163

They're only taking the highest scores. The fact that you have three may hurt a little, but only to a very minor extent (if any). You should be an auto-admit.

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »
I would be surprised by anything other than an admit, but I want some money! I can't afford 150k!
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 03:58:31 PM »
I will be obsesively checking my e-mail and watching my cell phone for the next several days.  I'm not an auto admit but I think I have a good chance.

How are you not an auto-admit?  Unless you committed some sort of violent crime you are in.

I have 3 lsat scores.  167 is my highest.  my average is only a 163

They're only taking the highest scores. The fact that you have three may hurt a little, but only to a very minor extent (if any). You should be an auto-admit.

I agree.  They just want to be able to report your 167 to US News.
Me Go Cornell

RoadRunner5

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »
FYI, I just called admissions ... Acceptance notices DO go out by e-mail AND snail mail (so where are all those people whose acceptance notices were sent today??).  Also, as GW has previously done, all notices other than acceptances are sent via snail mail only.

nowitzski

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 05:11:11 PM »
I withdrew on Monday from GW via email.  Genuinely friendly response, "UMich's gain is our loss" but no mention of decisions or anything. GW is quality though!!!

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 05:12:30 PM »
I want an e-mail!!!!! (not that I'm impatient or anything)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 05:46:33 PM »
So did ANYONE get an email yet?
VIP.

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 06:47:43 PM »
I got an email.

From my mom.

I got that too but you don't hear me bragging.  :D

Seriously though, I've been so worried about my BC Early Notification, I almost I forgot I applied to GWU. Anyways here's to hoping they preempt BC with good news.

Otherwise I wonder if there's some way I can go on exchange to GWU from a Canadian school.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 08:07:10 PM »
I <3 GW. Oh, GW, where art thou?

pazzo83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:05 PM »
I ran by GW about 30 min ago and yelled out to the law school "area" of campus to start sending us emails, so we'll see.

And yes Jesus, Foggy Bottom kicks major ass, I live about 6 blocks from the GW hospital, and I think Foggy Bottom is probably THE best area to live in DC (I technically live in georgetown but walk a block away and you can be in Foggy Bottom or Dupont Circle).  Only downside is that you are a bit of a ways from Adams Morgan/U St, which is a pretty hip area, but you can always take a bus, the metro, or a cab (but don't let the f'er rip you off, its ONE F'ING ZONE, $7 bucks!).