Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HANK'S LSAT GAME CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14648 times)

mrdunson

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HANK'S LSAT GAME CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »
baff

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2007, 02:12:35 AM »
Where are the answers?

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2007, 02:22:39 AM »
He'll send them to you if you PM him.
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »
days later no reply... anyone else have a copy?

Distressed

• The Great FAILURE of 2007
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jaeysonne@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2007, 02:35:13 AM »
I was waiting for the answers too...i breezed through the game, it took me less than 10 mins...but i seem to have a problem with question #2...

oh well...if i dont get the answers from this guy by tomarrow i will just post my analysis of this so called logic game...that was very good by the way...
"I hurts to this day--the great failure of September."
-The Jason
 Thurs Dec 20, 2007

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2007, 02:56:39 AM »
Ok, clearly he's not checking this account anymore - hold your horses, and we'll try to rustle him up under one of his assorted aliases for the key.
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

The A-Team

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2007, 03:54:43 AM »
5min, 37sec from start to finish. :)

For the last question, am I correct in assuming that everyone was living in the building, under the original conditions, before Alex and Stephanie decided to hook up?

Highlight the line between the dashes below to see my answers.
------------------------
C,D,A,C,E,C,C
------------------------

Distressed

• The Great FAILURE of 2007
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jaeysonne@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 03:59:55 AM »
This was a nice game, easy enough and it took less than 10 minutes for me.  I had problems on Question #2, but heres how i set it up:

A total of 6 people (3 males/3 females) will be vying for a total of 6 open slots (i love these 1:1 correspondence games!) 

F3: __ __
F2: __ __
F1: __ __

IT is important to frst go through the numerical distribution of the game.  Start with A, who has the most restrictions on him because he is but a poor virgin.  He cannot mate with any of the three girls.  So he is left with X or D.
Now we know the setup of the game: A with X or D, GIRL with GIRL (nice!), and BOY with GIRL.  Only one lucky fella is getting laid!

We can figure more slots with the rule G>T (G lives on a higher floor than T).  This is actually major news because there are only three scenarios that can happen now:

Scenario #1       Scenario #2       Scenario #3
F3: G __           F3: G __          F3: A D/X
F2: T __           F2: A D/X         F2: G __
F1: A D/X          F1: T __          F1: T __

Remember that J could either shack up with G or T depending on who faggot A sleeps with.
But be careful!!--Just because A mates with X doesnot automatically mean that D must shack up with T (that would be an incorrect reversal).  In fact, D could be with G (that playa'!), leaving T and J to live together (like good little lesbos!).

Question #1 was an easy list question that can be executed by checking the rules for accuracy.  I picked Answer C.

Question #2 was a local could be true EXCEPT question that had A and D as a block.  This means X must be with either G or T.  But we know that X cannot be with T because T only fucks D.  So this rule forces X with G, and T with J .  This is problematic because Answer C says "Xavier has had sex with Josephine"--this, of course must be false because X has sex with G.  Answer D says "Xavier is a virgin"--this too, must be false.  Please quote and help me out on this one.  I choose Answer D blindly for time reasons and went on.

Question #3 was a local must be true question that had the following hypo:
F3: T D
F2: A X
F1: J G
I chose Answer C

Question #4 was a global question that asked for the maximum possible virgins.  We we can easily answer this by knowing the numerical distribution.  we have girl/girl, boy/boy, and girl/boy setups.  Thus, four is the maximum aopunt of virgins.  The previous hypothetical illustrates that the four virgins could be A,X,J,and G.
(...in all fairness, I chose Answer B on the drill because I counted wrong like an idiot...I noticed this during my review--what a shame!)

Question #5 was a local could be true EXCEPT question.  I used Scenario #1 because it was the only one with local condition T>A.  I chose Answser E.

Question #6 was a global list question that asked which list could NOT have virgins together.  This was also time consuming and difficult.  I chose Answer C, but would be hard pressed to explain myself at this time of night.

Question #7 was a local maximum question.  I usually hate these sorts of questions because it ruins my hard work.  But this wasnt so bad.  I drew the following hypo:
F3: G
F2: T J
F1: X D
B:  A S
Lucky A finally got some!  Of course when i drew this, I tried to maxmimize my virgins.  So, there could be a maximum of 5 virgins, Answer E.

"I hurts to this day--the great failure of September."
-The Jason
 Thurs Dec 20, 2007

The A-Team

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2007, 05:01:05 AM »
This was a nice game, easy enough and it took less than 10 minutes for me.  I had problems on Question #2, but heres how i set it up:

A total of 6 people (3 males/3 females) will be vying for a total of 6 open slots (i love these 1:1 correspondence games!) 

F3: __ __
F2: __ __
F1: __ __

IT is important to frst go through the numerical distribution of the game.  Start with A, who has the most restrictions on him because he is but a poor virgin.  He cannot mate with any of the three girls.  So he is left with X or D.
Now we know the setup of the game: A with X or D, GIRL with GIRL (nice!), and BOY with GIRL.  Only one lucky fella is getting laid!

We can figure more slots with the rule G>T (G lives on a higher floor than T).  This is actually major news because there are only three scenarios that can happen now:

Scenario #1       Scenario #2       Scenario #3
F3: G __           F3: G __          F3: A D/X
F2: T __           F2: A D/X         F2: G __
F1: A D/X          F1: T __          F1: T __

Remember that J could either shack up with G or T depending on who faggot A sleeps with.
But be careful!!--Just because A mates with X doesnot automatically mean that D must shack up with T (that would be an incorrect reversal).  In fact, D could be with G (that playa'!), leaving T and J to live together (like good little lesbos!).

Question #2 was a local could be true EXCEPT question that had A and D as a block.  This means X must be with either G or T.  But we know that X cannot be with T because T only fucks D.  So this rule forces X with G, and T with J .  This is problematic because Answer C says "Xavier has had sex with Josephine"--this, of course must be false because X has sex with G.  Answer D says "Xavier is a virgin"--this too, must be false.  Please quote and help me out on this one.  I choose Answer D blindly for time reasons and went on.

If Alexander and DaShawn live together, there there is only one boy left with one of the three girls as his roommate. This means Xavier cannot be a virgin and the correct answer is D.

Furthermore, since Taisha cannot room with Ginger, and the only boy Taisha can room with is DeShawn, it must be the case that Taisha rooms with Josephine, forcing Ginger and Xavier to live together.

Question #3 was a local must be true question that had the following hypo:
F3: T D
F1: J G
I chose Answer C

You picked the wrong scenario, obviously just a careless oversight. :)
Rule #3 states that Ginger lives on a higher floor than Taisha, so the correct scenario should be:
F3: G D
F1: T J
And the correct answer is A.

Question #6 was a global list question that asked which list could NOT have virgins together.  This was also time consuming and difficult.  I chose Answer C, but would be hard pressed to explain myself at this time of night.

You already did the work with your scenarios above. We immediately know by glancing at any of the scenarios, that both G/T cannot be virgins and one must share a room with a boy. So we look for the answer choice that includes both G and T as virgins and that happens to be C.

Question #7 was a local maximum question.  I usually hate these sorts of questions because it ruins my hard work.  But this wasnt so bad.  I drew the following hypo:
F3: G
F2: T J
F1: X D
B:  A S
Lucky A finally got some!  Of course when i drew this, I tried to maxmimize my virgins.  So, there could be a maximum of 5 virgins, Answer E.

If we are to assume that everyone was living in the building according to the original rules, then we already know that the maximum number of virgins was 4. Now that Alex is no longer a virgin, the new maximum ends up being 3. The answer is C.

I only hope the games on my actual LSAT exam in June will be this simple/entertaining. Kudos to Mr. Rearden for a fun game. ;D