Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Withdrawing  (Read 258 times)

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alexfiu1331
    • View Profile
    • Email
Withdrawing
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:19 PM »
I have schools which I've applied to which even if they accept me I will not be attending because I have already been a accepted to a school which I prefer. I do not want to tie up tie/space that someone else may otherwise use. In cases such as this do people generally send a letter informing the schools that they wish to be withdrawn from consideration or should I just go ahead and wait until they either accept me or reject me?

If I should send a letter who should I address it to?

thatgirlanon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Withdrawing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:52:22 PM »
I was told that an e-mail to the admissions office would suffice.  That's how I withdrew from UIUC, and they responded shortly thereafter wishing me a good cycle.  I also knew that I would not attend the school after being accepted to some higher-preferenced law schools.  I'm sure that sending a letter wouldn't be a bad idea, but e-mails are quicker.  If you send a letter, address it to the school's admissions office.  Congrats on your acceptances!

Anon  :)

LT_Eagels_1

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 08:52:51 PM »
Then by all means, withdraw your applications.  In doing so, you can also get a sense of relief that it's officially over, so congrats!

afer1500

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alexfiu1331
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 09:33:13 PM »
Thank you for the quick reponses!  ;D