Law School Discussion

"Decision Mailed" at Houston

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Decision Mailed" at Houston
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 05:30:16 PM »
My status has been "file in review" since November 20th!

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 05:41:30 PM »
Actually, now that you I see you have a good GPA and are a Houston resident, I would say you will probably get that acceptance letter this week.  Houston very much likes Texas residents.  You will get in, I think.

Actually, I am a Houston native, not a current resident. I am in Colorado right now, but want to get back.

Smack, I have been complete since Sept. 28th....

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 05:46:47 PM »
Actually, now that you I see you have a good GPA and are a Houston resident, I would say you will probably get that acceptance letter this week.  Houston very much likes Texas residents.  You will get in, I think.

Actually, I am a Houston native, not a current resident. I am in Colorado right now, but want to get back.

That makes me feel better!  Thanks.

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 05:54:08 PM »
I got a voicemail from a professor from UH but never called back.

I was kinda put off by the lengthy, but rather akward and hollow message he left on my cell phone. 

I got the 8,000/ yr scholarship, but will not be going to UH no matter what.

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 05:58:04 PM »
fee waiver, prestige

canticleoftheplains

• I'm here to learn, not to make out with you.
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »
I got a voicemail two weeks ago and status still says file in review...

The voicemail was not really enthusiastic, but it was a tax prof., not a trial advocacy adjunct.  So I thought it sounded perfect.

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »

Goodness, I just showed why I bombed the RC, didn't I?  Nevertheless, even if you're not a Texas resident, if you tailored your file to fit Houston, you should still get some "brownine" points.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 07:09:40 PM »
Well, good luck to you Cube Farmer! Definitely better to know sooner than later. Unlike you, I believe I'll be in "file in review" hell for quite a while :(

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 07:27:54 PM »
Well, good luck to you Cube Farmer! Definitely better to know sooner than later. Unlike you, I believe I'll be in "file in review" hell for quite a while :(

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll update when I get the letter. Either way, at least I can have some closure and probably end up at Tech...

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll update when I get the letter. Either way, at least I can have some closure and probably end up at Tech...

At least we seemed to have mastered this whole "self-loathing" concept, huh? :D :D