Law School Discussion

"Decision Mailed" at Houston

Cube Farmer

• The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Decision Mailed" at Houston
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:18:15 PM »
Just an FYI for anyone interested. My UH status checker just changed to "Decision Mailed" Good luck to all who applied.

I think this is worse than it just sitiing at complete. Now I know a decision was mailed on my application. So now I am waiting on letters from both UH and Georgetown...

Cube Farmer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Decision Mailed" at Houston
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:44:47 PM »
You didn't get a phone call?

No, does that mean I am screwed?

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »
From what I know, UH does not call anyone.  My acceptance letter came 10 days after going complete, so you could say I was an auto-admit, and I didn't get a call.

Cube Farmer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:45:50 PM »
From what I know, UH does not caln anyone.  My acceptance letter came 10 days after going complete, so you could say I was an auto-admit, and I didn't get a call.

So that must mean I am an auto-reject and, thus, did not get a call either.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 03:49:52 PM »
That's cool, Jesus.  My bad for saying they don't call anyone.

I doubt it has to do with you being more likely to attend.  Not only are your numbers better than mine, you're not a Texas resident either, so probably less likely to attend.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:53:55 PM »
Honestly, if he got waitlisted at OU, I would say his back is against the wall at UH.  OU has historically been MUCH MUCH easier to get in to.

Jesus, I would think you would at least get some scholarship, but from what I know they're pretty stingy with full rides, given their relatively low funding from the state of Texas.

Cube Farmer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 04:12:27 PM »
Honestly, if he got waitlisted at OU, I would say his back is against the wall at UH.  OU has historically been MUCH MUCH easier to get in to.

Jesus, I would think you would at least get some scholarship, but from what I know they're pretty stingy with full rides, given their relatively low funding from the state of Texas.

I am certainly a splitter and I think my back is against the wall. #s - 153/3.97. I am out-of-state but really tailored my package to Houston. I am a Houston native and would love to get back there. I also included an addendum with respect to my testing history (with evidence).

I sure hope they are not sending out rejections already. Outside of UT, that is now my first choice.

EDIT: I wish I had not even looked at the status checker. I am now a wreck.

Kencade

• Self tar up only for ASW purposes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 04:20:35 PM »
My status checker still says 'file under review' but I got my acceptance letter for Houston in the mail today along with the scholarship offer of $8,000 per year, renewable with a 2.9 gpa requirement, and resident tuition I'm not sure what you call it when they offer you resident tuition rates rather than non-resident).

I remember reading another post where someone was offered a better scholarship from UT than from UH and tried to negotiate with UH because the person really wanted UH and UH's response is that they didn't give any higher scholarship offers.  That was last application cycle, I believe, but thats just an FYI on scholarship info.

Oh, and the acceptance letter came in a regular bill-sized envelope and I received no phone call...  unless I thought it was a telemarketer and didn't answer, lol.  I've been known to do that on occasion, like every single day.

Cube Farmer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 04:25:12 PM »
My status checker still says 'file under review' but I got my acceptance letter for Houston in the mail today along with the scholarship offer of $8,000 per year, renewable with a 2.9 gpa requirement, and resident tuition I'm not sure what you call it when they offer you resident tuition rates rather than non-resident).

I remember reading another post where someone was offered a better scholarship from UT than from UH and tried to negotiate with UH because the person really wanted UH and UH's response is that they didn't give any higher scholarship offers.  That was last application cycle, I believe, but thats just an FYI on scholarship info.

Oh, and the acceptance letter came in a regular bill-sized envelope and I received no phone call...  unless I thought it was a telemarketer and didn't answer, lol.  I've been known to do that on occasion, like every single day.

Thanks for the info. Either this is good news, or I am the first rejection.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
Actually, now that you I see you have a good GPA and are a Houston resident, I would say you will probably get that acceptance letter this week.  Houston very much likes Texas residents.  You will get in, I think.