Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools that HELP you visit  (Read 5475 times)

tagore

• View Profile
Re: Schools that HELP you visit
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 05:06:48 PM »
any idea if hastings does anything of this sort?

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »
Tulane gives you up to $300 for airfare.

They also give you up .45 cents per mile if you drive up to a max of 300.  They also suggest 2 hotels on their admitted students website, which have a special rate for admitted students. 
Waiting.....

bcnewell

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »
Case offered me $200 in reimbursement to come visit anytime.  It came with my acceptance letter.

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Doesn't get any better than early 90s tv
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 12:09:59 PM »
The WUSTL stipend was mentioned in the acceptance email.  It is also on their website. 
In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)
WL/Def: NU, Duke, UVA, W&L, UVA, BC
Out: UMich, NYU, Boalt, UC-Davis, HLS, UofChicago, Columbia, UWash

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=maybe2007

sssyrup

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 04:50:57 PM »
The WUSTL stipend was mentioned in the acceptance email.  It is also on their website. 

i'm having trouble finding this. it's not in my acceptance email, and couldn't find it anywhere on the website. would you mind telling me the specifics or giving me a link? thanks

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »

i'm having trouble finding this. it's not in my acceptance email, and couldn't find it anywhere on the website. would you mind telling me the specifics or giving me a link? thanks

I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to Washington University School of Law.  You will be receiving the "official" letter through regular mail within the next week or so, but I wanted to give you the good news as soon as possible. Over the next several months, you will be receiving other information from our office about many of our programs.  You will also be hearing from our scholarship committee in early February. (There are some scholarships which require additional applications with deadlines that are coming up soon (i.e. the Webster Scholarship, Chancellor's Fellowship, and Olin Fellowship).  If you are interested in applying for one of these, you may want to go to http://law.wustl.edu/Admissions/index.asp?id=74 for more information.)

We know the cost of visiting many law schools can be prohibitive. In order to assist you, we are happy to offer you a travel stipend.  When you visit Washington U, if you provide us with your receipts, or mail them to us no later than April 10, 2007,  we will reimburse your expenses for transportation and/or lodging, up to $200. Our admitted students day is March 23, 2007 but we welcome you to visit whenever it is convenient for you.

You are an outstanding candidate for law school and we would be delighted to have you join us at  Washington U Law.  If  I may be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Mary Ann Clifford

Assistant Dean for Admissions

Washington University School of Law

314-935-6108

macliffo@wustl.edu

Hope this helps!

In: RU-C($), Loyola, Nova, Temple ($$), AU, Emory, WUSTL ($$), NDLS ($$), Wake, Case, GULC (PT), Fordham, Cardozo, Mason (PT)

sssyrup

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 01:05:16 AM »

I am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to Washington University School of Law.  You will be receiving the "official" letter through regular mail within the next week or so, but I wanted to give you the good news as soon as possible. Over the next several months, you will be receiving other information from our office about many of our programs.  You will also be hearing from our scholarship committee in early February. (There are some scholarships which require additional applications with deadlines that are coming up soon (i.e. the Webster Scholarship, Chancellor's Fellowship, and Olin Fellowship).  If you are interested in applying for one of these, you may want to go to http://law.wustl.edu/Admissions/index.asp?id=74 for more information.)

We know the cost of visiting many law schools can be prohibitive. In order to assist you, we are happy to offer you a travel stipend.  When you visit Washington U, if you provide us with your receipts, or mail them to us no later than April 10, 2007,  we will reimburse your expenses for transportation and/or lodging, up to $200. Our admitted students day is March 23, 2007 but we welcome you to visit whenever it is convenient for you.

You are an outstanding candidate for law school and we would be delighted to have you join us at  Washington U Law.  If  I may be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Mary Ann Clifford

Assistant Dean for Admissions

Washington University School of Law

314-935-6108

macliffo@wustl.edu

Hope this helps!

thanks! this is curious, my acceptance email looks completely different. i wonder if they only offer that stipend to some people? or maybe you were admitted in december? i guess i'll have to call them to know. thanks, though, again.

maybe2007

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 09:11:09 AM »

thanks! this is curious, my acceptance email looks completely different. i wonder if they only offer that stipend to some people? or maybe you were admitted in december? i guess i'll have to call them to know. thanks, though, again.

Weird.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
I was admitted just before the weekend and my acceptance email looks exactly like the one above. If that helps.
Washington University School of Law 2010

ImpactPlayer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 03:08:26 AM »
When I got the call from Stanford, they said they would give me $400 to make it out to ASW on April 13.