Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools that HELP you visit  (Read 5537 times)

bcnewell

Schools that HELP you visit
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
I hope this will be pertininent to others as well as myself. 

Which schools are known to provide assistance (financial, lodging help, etc) to admitted students to enable visits to their schools?  I have heard that W&L helps financially on occasion, are there any others that anyone is aware of?

I am planning on contacting the schools that accept me personally, but in the meantime i thought a thread on the topic might be helpful.

Thanks.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Schools that HELP you visit
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:55:40 PM »
University of the Pacific will cover your entire trip to their legal scholars day.  You'll get a letter inviting you after your acceptance.  That's really the only one I know about.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

bcnewell

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »
Thanks for the input.  Hopefully more will share as time goes by.

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
University of the Pacific will cover your entire trip to their legal scholars day.  You'll get a letter inviting you after your acceptance.  That's really the only one I know about.

Damn. Had I know that, I would have applied just for the trip to Sacramento (that's where they are, right?). Penn will pay like $250-$350 to visit. Duke paid for my plane ticket out there last year, but I had to ask.
Penn Law '09

hereshopin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 12:31:11 AM »

Damn. Had I know that, I would have applied just for the trip to Sacramento (that's where they are, right?). Penn will pay like $250-$350 to visit. Duke paid for my plane ticket out there last year, but I had to ask.

Yea, I'd be very interested in hearing about this...I'm planning a trip to duke right now and any sort of aid in visiting would be fantastic...
DeVry Tech '10

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 12:34:28 AM »
I hope this will be pertininent to others as well as myself. 

Which schools are known to provide assistance (financial, lodging help, etc) to admitted students to enable visits to their schools?  I have heard that W&L helps financially on occasion, are there any others that anyone is aware of?

I am planning on contacting the schools that accept me personally, but in the meantime i thought a thread on the topic might be helpful.

Thanks.

Yeah, W&L last year paid $150 towards airfare/transportation plus two nights of hotel accommodations and meals on Saturday.  This is, of course, only for the admitted students weekends in the early spring.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 11:56:58 AM »
At a LSAC forum, the rep from Vanderbilt mentioned to me that if you are accepted, they will help pay for your visit during ASW. I'm glad he said something (he was the only one who did) because I didn't even consider it. I'm going to ask if it isn't offered to me from other schools.

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:05:47 PM »
Case Western had a stipend last year for their admitted students day, but I can't remember how much it was as I didn't go...

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 09:38:47 PM »
Anyone knows if Mich helps out a little?
Columbia 3L

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 02:27:36 PM »
For ASWs:

Chicago has a stipend and will hook you up with a current student to stay with.

I don't remember if Penn had a stipend, but they put me up with a current student.  Same for Columbia, but instead of hooking you up, they provided a list of people and you were on your own to contact them.  (Both of these were two years ago, so policies may have changed).