Law School Discussion

LSAC and delaying for next cycle

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
LSAC and delaying for next cycle
« on: December 11, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »
I assume at least someone here has applied for more than one cycle, how does the LSDAS reports reflect this? If I decide to delay until next cycle, will my current LORs, transcripts etc be purged, or will the remain part of my report package, and anything new I add become additional to this?

If that is the case, it would probably be easier to open a new account... I realize this is difficult for Americans with SSN and stuff, but in my case that would probably not be too complicated at all...

Re: LSAC and delaying for next cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 10:30:07 AM »
I haven't applied in a previous cycle, however I initially registered with LSAC 2 cycles ago and they kept everything on file from 2003: my transcript, LORs, etc.  I don't think they purge anything, but if you send them updates or additions they'll include them.

Sweetpri

• I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:30:18 AM »
Your LSAC account should have an expiration date - I think you can have the account open and keep everything for at least 5 years.  My transcripts and two of my LORs were sent in in 2005.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
Yes, the expiration date is 2011. My situation was rather the opposite, I want my old LORs (and possibly my transcript, since my completed degree will have higher GPA) removed from any future applications. But I guess that would be arrangable somehow.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 10:36:59 AM »
also, since I know you have sent in 31 apps already, alot of schools keep your stuff around for a year.  i know that i have read several times that if you tell a school you will not be going to any law school they will keep your file ... but you still  have to pay the fee again.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:41:04 AM »
Yeah, I don't mind that, I just know that replacing the two professor-LORs I had might be a good idea. On the other hand, I'd like to keep the other two etc. I guess I'll contact LSAC about this after I see how this cycle goes, if it even becomes an issue.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 10:56:50 AM »
Yeah, I don't mind that, I just know that replacing the two professor-LORs I had might be a good idea. On the other hand, I'd like to keep the other two etc. I guess I'll contact LSAC about this after I see how this cycle goes, if it even becomes an issue.

You can have something like 4 active letters in the LSAC system.  If you don't want to send out a letter, you can always make it inactive.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 11:01:45 AM »
I have 4 letters atm... if they can be made inactive, then it's perfectly fine of course, thanks :)

db2ur

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »
I have 4 letters atm... if they can be made inactive, then it's perfectly fine of course, thanks :)

I've been wondering a while - why 31 applications?  Don't you think you'd benefit from a little broadening of scope?  ;)

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 12:24:37 PM »
Yeah, I missed like 160 :/ That's why I'm considering waiting till next cycle, then I can get all of them!