Re: Dec 2nd Closed Test Center Makeup
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »
Yep.

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 09:27:42 AM »
I took the make-up.  somehow I doubt that we will get our scores as early as dec 22, since we took it on the 9th and you have 9 days to cancel (18th) and they tell you that you should get confirmation of cancel within 5 days (23rd).  I do not think they would give out scores before these stated limits are up since potentially someone that cancelled, but LSAC messed up and didnt confirm it, might get their scores.

maybe not, who knows

As far as how it went for me.....I did well on the LR and RC, but I had 2 games sections, which is my worst.  Of course, they were both before break so I don't know which one is exp.  One I did about as well as I have in practice, one I did much much worse on.  I am considering a cancel since I will probably be able to get into some of my schools with my 156, and I dont want to risk a lower score potentially stopping me from getting in anywhere.  If I cancel though, I have no shot at some other schools I really wanted to apply to.  I think it is totally unfair that some people can determine the exp section, and others cant.  Either everyone should know, or everyone shouldn't.  It is such a huge advantage.  I would say my potential score difference depending on which section is scored is at least 10 points.  What a stressful decision... :-\
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

STLin

• and Zinfandelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 12:23:06 PM »
Yeah, I took it on the 9th, with 2 LG sections... I have an idea of which one is the exp., just from a couple of questions I'd never seen on a LG section before.  But I could be wrong - they were both similar in difficulty i'd say... I flew right through the 1st game in about 4 min i think (which makes me think something was wrong)

For me, my LR was my weakest... especially since the proctors phone went off TWICE during the first LR section... and she didn't even turn it off... it went off until they got connected to VM.  So, since concentration is always my weak point, I am not happy. So, even though I had been practicing in the mid 160's, I think i'll probably get upper 150's. So that blows.

Also, did you guys have problems with your writing sample - we didn't have an area to write our Topic Code # at the top of it and the back of our sheet didn't have lines to write on... so they wrote it down as an irregularity.

theunderdog

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 12:25:07 PM »
interesting. i dare ask: was there any similarities/differences (or do you know) b/t the test you took and the dec. 2nd postmortem that everyone has been working on?

rdlnl11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:28:16 PM »
to everyone that took the Dec 9 test:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,6.11475.html

It was the same as the feb 05 test... I just found this yesterday, it has been very helpful for me..

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 12:36:49 PM »
Yeah, I took it on the 9th, with 2 LG sections... I have an idea of which one is the exp., just from a couple of questions I'd never seen on a LG section before.  But I could be wrong - they were both similar in difficulty i'd say... I flew right through the 1st game in about 4 min i think (which makes me think something was wrong)

For me, my LR was my weakest... especially since the proctors phone went off TWICE during the first LR section... and she didn't even turn it off... it went off until they got connected to VM.  So, since concentration is always my weak point, I am not happy. So, even though I had been practicing in the mid 160's, I think i'll probably get upper 150's. So that blows.

Also, did you guys have problems with your writing sample - we didn't have an area to write our Topic Code # at the top of it and the back of our sheet didn't have lines to write on... so they wrote it down as an irregularity.

Yeah, we had the same problem with the writing sample sheets and not having the right boxes.  Also, there were no lines on the back, so the proctor copied some extra blank lines sheets and gave them out.  I didn't use more than one page anyway.

I thought that the LR were pretty easy, but that is my strongest section.  I would be surprised if I missed more than 2 on each section, of course I will never know...
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

STLin

• and Zinfandelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »
to everyone that took the Dec 9 test:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/board,6.11475.html

It was the same as the feb 05 test... I just found this yesterday, it has been very helpful for me..

now I just wish I could remember what I marked down for answers... the first LR section was a blur to me.

rdlnl11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 01:49:13 PM »
I remembered my answers once the questions were refreshed in my mind, but there are about 10-15 LR questions that they did not list... I really wish I knew how well I did on the remaining questions... I am hoping that they were "easy" since no one took the liberty of discussing them..

As of now, I think I missed 4-8 on LR and 0-1 on AR

As for RC.. eh I am hoping that I missed 2-4.. I usually miss 4-5 but I breezed through the passages.

I'm sitting somewhere between 166-174

168+?? Boston U?? WashUstL??

rdlnl11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 02:02:15 PM »
The thought crossed my mind.. part of me wishes that I would have checked it out beforehand, but the other part is glad that I didn't because it will feel so much sweeter to have a "legitimate" high score