Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: self study and lsat class  (Read 343 times)

osutennisguy04

• View Profile
    • Email
self study and lsat class
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »
Does anyone have opinions about self studying and familiarizing yourself more with the material then taking a prep class?

BoRNnTHeUSA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: self study and lsat class
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 10:42:42 PM »
Everything really depends on YOU.  For Self-Study, how self-disciplined are you?  If you have the right study materials, I believe you can do it on your own.  There are hundreds of stories throughout this forum and others that support self-study.  Make certain you have PowerScore Bibles (LR and LG), and the PrepTests.  If additional materials are needed, try to get some of the Kaplan Material (ie., Kaplan Big Orange - it has the questions divided by type, RC, Games, Logic Reasoning - Strengthen/Weaken, Flaw, etc.).  Many also suggest Nova Master the LSAT for RC and LG.  If you're unable to devise your own plan, sunfunliving (LSD user) has a e-book w/2-4-6 month LSAT prep plans. 

You can do it, plan your work and work your plan.  Be certain to take a diagnostic test before beginning.  This will ensure you're better able 2 track your progress.

Go 4 it!!! Happy Prepping :)
"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, other-centered men can build up." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 11:08:40 PM »
Take a class. Testmasters i heard is the best.  People usually do better after taking a class for some reason.

hershees

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:34:02 PM »
Don't just "take a class" as Joe says...do some prep on your own first, and see what your strengths and weaknesses are. If you have the time and diligence to prep on your own, you might be just fine, but you won't know until you try.

And I HATE the "I heard company X is great" or "company Y sucks" comments. If you didn't actually take a course or use the materials, please don't recommend a product. It's one thing to report a friend or colleague's experience, but a vague "I heard" doesn't help anyone.