Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Current processing times?  (Read 2317 times)

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Current processing times?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 11:24:56 PM »
I'm going to piggy back on this thread --  I emailed a prof awhile back for a status update and he mailed me back today and said he'd sent it "two weeks ago".  I haven't gotten an email from LSAC, but I didn't get a definite date from him so "two weeks" could mean "7 business days ago".  I'm going to go ahead and submit my apps as soon as my score arrives, but how long should I wait until I request the letters be faxed?  My second and third LORs were both mailed just recently (the one two weeks ago and the other on Thrs or Friday of last week.)  I hate to be a hassle but of course I'd also hate for this to be the one thing that holds up my apps.

If both your letters were mailed to LSAC at least two weeks ago, they should probably be processed by the day after Christmas. One of mine was sent the day before Thanksgiving, and was processed 12/7.... but of course, then I had to wait for schools to request the updated report (a few do this immediately, others only once a week). So, for two of my schools, a recommendation that was sent to LSAC on 11/22 was just today mailed out with an updated report. By the time the letter actually arrives at those two schools, it will have been almost a month.

If you have your letters faxed in, it could speed up the processing of your application by two to three weeks.

Really?  Wow.  My first letter was processed on 11/20.  I don't know exactly when it was sent, but I didn't forward an envelope to her until mid-Nov so it couldn't have been a two week processing time.  I think both my profs have left for winter break though.  I guess if they're not in the first day of school I'll beg them to fax them in.  I'll be lucky if my apps are complete by the end of January at this rate.  So much for asking for letters in early August.

I haven't sent in my applications, though (didn't want to risk getting evaluated with my first LSAT), and my essays aren't done so I guess this will really won't delay me more than two weeks in the long run.  As as there isn't a big time benefit now like there is Oct versus Dec I suppose I shouldn't worry about it.
U of Chicago 2010.

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 12:49:10 AM »
Is there a specific fax number for LORs? Actually, what IS the fax number, I havn't seen one. 

I called LSAC on wednesday about a letter mailed first week of December and he said if it's been more than 2 weeks I should start to worry because the max time is 1 1/2 weeks.  My other LOR was mailed the monday after thanks giving and made it Dec 4th.  They seem to be pretty up on the LOR processing.

Martel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 03:06:31 AM »
Yep same problem over here -- both of my LORs were sent out about the same time, yet only one has been processed.  I asked my professor about a week ago and he said he sent it out "two weeks ago," so I kept waiting, figuring it would be processed within the next couple days. Now winter break's about to start and deadlines are approaching, and I'm getting worried. Does anyone know the fax number for LSAC in case I'm able to track down my professor for another copy of his letter? Also, when you fax it, you need to fax another one of those LOR forms as well, right? 

Anyone with info, please let me know!  Oh yeah, and they're closed until Wednesday for Christmas break -- so I get to freak out for another couple days woohoo! :(
LSAT scores: 162, 167

J Five

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 03:48:33 AM »
Someone please post the fax number.  ;D

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »
Someone please post the fax number.  ;D

"215-968-1119 or 215-504-1444. Either one should be fine."

(From a thread a few lines down, entitled "fax number" -- )

Lew31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 06:50:37 PM »
LOR I sent in just got processed, took 3 weeks to show up.

knicksfan0323

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 02:01:02 PM »
I had a letter faxed in on Wednesday. This morning I received the email that the it had been processed through LSAC.

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 02:26:18 AM »
I had a letter faxed in on Wednesday. This morning I received the email that the it had been processed through LSAC.

Mine was faxed on Wednesday too, but no news. I'm hoping they're making their way through the pile of faxes they probably got over christmas.  On a happy note my recommdender is so intent on them receiving it she faxed it twice, LOL.  Its comforting to know my recommenders aren't slacking like some of the people on here. I feel bad for all of you who had people who told you they would write one, then never did. :(

euphrasie

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - allardjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 09:44:02 PM »
My LORs from that prof finally posted right before Christmas. I about fell over in shock. I think my prof is a big ol liar about mailing them on 11/14 but at least they are in now.
Married: Seattle 2011!
Love: Fordham PT, Seton Hall PT, USF PT, Seattle PT, Lewis & Clark PT, USD PT
Like: W&M
Hate: Georgetown PT, Harvard

LSN

W Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 04:46:44 PM »
So, clearly faxing in the LOR is the quickest, therefore preferred method of delivery.  I mailed my 2nd letter on Friday Dec. 22, so with the Holidays I am not surprised that they have not processed it yet, but should I fax it in today before waiting any longer?  LSAC sent my report with 1 letter today, so I would like to hurry and get that 2nd one in so they will send the update and I can get complete ASAP.