Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt Acceptances  (Read 24192 times)

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Vanderbilt Acceptances
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »
I just saw on LSN a waitlist pop up today. I have a feeling this will be my fate as well.... At least I hope it is not a rejection.

Auelan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Auelan01
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2007, 01:51:19 PM »
I'm still waiting as well, and I've been complete since late October. It's definitely a reach for me though, so I'm not expecting a decision until late March (and even then, I expect a waitlist; anything but a rejection's fine with me!).

Have you checked your VULS status checker? I submitted my app in late october, and went complete in early November.

Yeah I checked it today, it says complete 11/3 and no decision mailed yet.

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
Received the letter today... Waitlist, at least not a rejection.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2007, 07:02:51 PM »
With those numbers, I'd say you have a good chance, Ravynous. I don't know if an extra essay slows up your application or not, though, but at least it won't hurt you (unless of course you sent Vandy a Why Michigan? essay by accident).  :P

haha. thanks. If they waitlist me, I'm going to try to convince them to accept me in order to help raise their Med School average via my boyfriend (he got a 39 on the mcat... 2 points higher PER SECTION than their average)

yeah... it wont work... but I can hope it would?
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 01:06:11 AM »
Also went to decision today. I remember thinking just yesterday how if I went to decision soon, that it would be very good news, because they had basically only sent out admits before that. Then today comes along and they wait-list, what, NINE people?? Will be camped out in front of my mailbox starting Wednesday.
W&L Class of 2010

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:59 AM »
Ack! I went to decision at Vandy today, apparently (well, technically yesterday at this point...) Applied in late October, for what that's worth & was complete shortly thereafter.

Thank heavens I just realized this now. For those that have already red'd decisions, how long did you wait from the time you went to decision? Here's hoping the letter isn't a ding!

Mine said decision mailed 1/26 and I received the letter yesterday 1/29. Not bad considering the weekend.

heatherm

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »
I've been complete since early November (sent my app in at the end of October), and the status checker is still showing no decision has been mailed.  I fear this is because I will receive a rejection (I was a longshot anyway) since people that say decision now seem to be getting waitlisted.  Hopefully those waitlists will turn into acceptances for you all...GOOD LUCK!

motorboatinsonofa

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's all deadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2007, 09:57:36 AM »
Can someone send out the link to the status checker?  I searched far and wide and couldn't locate it  :-\
1L

barenakedtjm

GMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 12:24:36 PM »
Cougman...You from Utah by chance?