Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For all non T14-auto admits  (Read 1396 times)

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
For all non T14-auto admits
« on: December 07, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »
Doesn't LSD just stress you out everyday with all these crazy applicants? I was perfectly content with waiting until January...now I check email/LSD/online status checkers with each changing minute on my computer clock. Truly an addiction of the Tech-Age.

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: For all non T14-auto admits
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 01:14:33 PM »
I just have to keep repeating my mantra "these people are not a representative sample" and reminding myself that my 162 really IS a respectable score. Reading these posts, I have to remember that having my fingers/toes/legs crossed waiting for a response from some respectable T2 schools does not relegate me to the status of future ambulance chaser,  and that I can indeed have a promising future even if my top choice is an "I'd rather jab rusty needles in my eyes than go there" choice for most of the posters on this board.  Hopefully Penn State will make my Christmas merry  ;D

Saja

• Sr. Citizen
  • Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:15:48 PM »
This *is* pretty ridiculous (for all applicants.)  I remember applying to college 4 years ago.  Apply in December, wait till March/April.  No fuss, no muss.  Now, it's only the second week of December, and I'm already impatient despite the fact that I have two acceptances.

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »
I am totally guilty of the freaking out.  I think I will be better once I hear back from all my EA/ED schools.  I'd like to hear before I leave the country for Christmas, because otherwise I won't get my mail until sometime in 2007.

bill612mass

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »
what also stinks is that of all the schools that I have applied to, only 2 have begun to admit people according to LSN - and I'm not one of them!  I just went complete at SUNY Buffalo and the email said that they don't even start reviewing apps until January, then it will take 2 to 8 weeks after that!  If I have to wait until February before even a single acceptance......ughh

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »
hehe totally. i remember not even thinking about college admissions. now i can't even wait till xmas when before i didn't expect to hear anything before spring break. hey weesqueak, where you going to go travel to?

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »
UK to see my family for christmas. I can't wait.

pigwidgeon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 01:47:16 PM »
me too Wee Squeak! I haven't been home for a year and a half I am so excited.

yeacrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
oh nice! i need to get back abroad.

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 02:06:37 PM »
Sad how admissions decisions don't follow us overseas