Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why don't blacks work harder in UG and on the LSAT so we can get rid of AA?  (Read 25709 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Up here in MA, we let all people bind themselves in holy acrimony.  Don't tell that a-hole from the GMU thread or he's going to start crying about his hurt feelings and then we'll have a full daycare center in here.

i don't even know who you're talking about.

This guys' long-lost twit brother is annoying me in the GMU threads and is bashing MA while doing so for reasons that are best left between him and whatever Christian god all the kids are praying to now.

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
Yeah yeah, the white man that helps the black woman is patronizing and doing it for his own selfish reasons, blah blah.

I don't care about much right now other than waiting for college football to start, to be honest. So ya got me.

:'(
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
why are you in a GMU thread?

The same reason conservatives cared about Ward Churchill or Norman Finkelstein.  People who are seriously considering GMU need to seriously consider that it's not any different than Regent.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
oh.  i don't see why you would care about them to be honest, but i probably care about too little so whatever floats your boat.

Eh.  GMU is quietly being legitmized as another ND or Chicago when it really is another Oral Roberts.  I don't like sitting idly by as another outpost of non-meritocratic conservatism goes unchallenged.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yeah yeah, the white man that helps the black woman is patronizing and doing it for his own selfish reasons, blah blah.

I don't care about much right now other than waiting for college football to start, to be honest. So ya got me.

:'(

I know, I know...
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
People who are seriously considering GMU need to seriously consider that it's not any different than Regent.

I had a lecturer who went to GMU Law.  He taught introductory finance.

Smart enough guy, but, yeah. 

Comparing it to Regent is a bit harsh.

Quantity, not quality.  It's quantitatively better than Regent, just not qualitatively different as far as ideology goes.  And that doesn't mean than everyone who comes out of Regent or GMU is a braindead zombie.  I'm sure some of their grads could be somewhat decent, maybe, perhaps, and so on.

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
uhhh, so only blacks benefit from AA? :-\

Even if one were to view AA as a unearned "hook up," I know more white people who benefit from the unearned "hook ups" American life has to offer than I do black. In reality, people don't care about an issue or circumstance until it affects them. Then they want to scream to the high heaven about what they view as an injustice instead of seeking an outside perspective on why things are the way they are in this nation.

Funia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
double post

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Galbraith

The single most potent argument against conservatism

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Galbraith

The single most potent argument against conservatism

what about if people are okay with selfishness?  what then?

Thats easy...were screwed