Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why don't blacks work harder in UG and on the LSAT so we can get rid of AA?  (Read 26233 times)

Midnight

• View Profile
    • Email
sense of entitlement? Like UM Manifest DESTINY??? ??? ??? ??? 

"I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell, I am a HUSTLER baby I sell water to a well"-Jay Z

I think in studying law I found my religion"-Midnight

Practice Test:144
Goal Score: 180
Next Practice Test: August 31,2007
Number Of Hours A Week Spent Studying (15 hours a week)
Test Date: Un

blondngreen

• View Profile
I believe AA to be unconstitutional, plain and simple. 

substantiate.

It's called the 14th Amendment, honey.  I'm bored with this. 

blondngreen

• View Profile

substantiate.

and the fourteenth amendment applies to private institutions as well?

You're joking, right?   

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email

Oh gracious one, many thanks for the IQ assessment.
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

PNym

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The sad thing is that Affirmative Action is equally politically polarizing in other countries, and yields similar backlash against the favored groups, yet because the politically favored groups and the people instituting these policies have vested interests in their continuance, the backlash will not end unless some other political group dissolves these policies.

Polarization is what happens when government becomes primarily a spoils system for allocating resources to its supporters.

http://www.amazon.com/Affirmative-Action-Around-World-Empirical/dp/0300107757/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8930087-1396738?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187701344&sr=8-1

PNym

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

substantiate.

and the fourteenth amendment applies to private institutions as well?

You're joking, right?   

answer the question.  does the fourteenth amendment apply to private actors?

Are universities that receive public funds private actors?

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Why has nobody brought up one of the biggest benefits of AA?  The simple fact that it provides a substantial amount of information regarding the intelligence of its detractors?  Do you know how hard it can be to figure out when a seemingly decently (but not great) qualified individual is really an idiot under the resume?  Bam, we get threads like this.  Think of the efficiency gains, people.

PNym

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Why has nobody brought up one of the biggest benefits of AA?  The simple fact that it provides a substantial amount of information regarding the intelligence of its detractors?  Do you know how hard it can be to figure out when a seemingly decently (but not great) qualified individual is really an idiot under the resume?  Bam, we get threads like this.  Think of the efficiency gains, people.

I'm not sure why your glib non-answering of any substantiative arguments of the opposing position would suggest that people holding the opposing position are somehow intellectually defective.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why your glib non-answering of any substantiative arguments of the opposing position would suggest that people holding the opposing position are somehow intellectually defective.

There's a position in this thread?  I looked again and all I saw were a bunch of assholes.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile

If those opposing AA in this thread aren't intellectually defective, then they are purposely intellectually dishonest.
YLS c/o 2009