Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why don't blacks work harder in UG and on the LSAT so we can get rid of AA?  (Read 24964 times)

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Your PREJUDICED opinion means NOTHING to me. Hopeless bigots like you AMUSE me  ::).

I was one of only 4 students to obtain a perfect score on a research paper for a poli sci class of 80 students, with only 5 blk students.  So when I say I am QUALIFIED to attend the best of law schools, please realize I do not speak idly. I've got the smarts--AND THE SKIN--to back it up!

Wow, if you could get a perfect score in some chump poli sci class then maybe you could of done that on the LSAT. Oh wait, why bother with affirmative action. 

How profound...  ::)
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

stareindecisis

• View Profile
Is this discussion actually happening?  Why don't you racist, short-sighted, under-performing white folks google your local klan chapter and join already?  Save this crap for their meetings. 

I'm white, by the way.  And I don't need to blame affirmative action for not getting into Yale. 

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's just tough getting through the day being white.

All the *&^% we have to deal with, and all. And then affirmative action comes along and makes things just that much tougher for us.

Pity me?
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've plateaued.

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

ColdBlue

• View Profile
I'm white, by the way.  And I don't need to blame affirmative action for not getting into Yale. 

You're a self-hating white liberal filled with guilt. How can anyone respect you if you don't even respect yourself? Go apologize for slavery and hang yourself.

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email

You're a self-hating white liberal filled with guilt. How can anyone respect you if you don't even respect yourself? Go apologize for slavery and hang yourself.

Dang! You used the H word?? You're just itching to hang someone, aren't you, Mr. Lynch? LOL
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

I bet your frat brothers think you're smart.

ColdBlue

• View Profile
I bet your frat brothers think you're smart.

You need to work harder.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Seriously, where does this anger come from?  People don't get like this unless they're butt hurt about something.  So either you're not people or you're butt hurt about something.  Which is it?

A+.  Seriously, "you're not people" is golden.  I'm totally stealing this.

blondngreen

• View Profile
How can you asssert that they have to be qualified?  The bar is essentially "lowered" for URMs so that they can be considered qualified.  Does AA really hurt or help minorities?  In Undergrad, URMs are admitted with far lower SAT/class rank...this possibly leads to lower College performance relative to peers (assuming that SAT class rank is a predictor of college performance)...and the cycle continues into Grad School. 

I think if the Bar wasn't lowered, I think URMs may naturally get admitted to elite schools anyways, because they would adapt and raise their qualifications - after all, there are plenty of brilliant URMs out there, but why study harder for a standardized test when you reach a point where 170 basically = 180 for you?  I know I wouldn't!

I am black and will ride my URM status with PRIDE AND HONOR to the very end! Those of you who have a problem with AA need to GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE A FEW THINGS. Do that and perhaps I'll entertain your narcissism and endless cant.

I did fairly OK on my SATs (1300 and sumthin), but I met several ppl freshman year in undergrad who scored 1500+. It didn't phase me, because I knew standardized tests were JUST standardized tests. Besides, I outperformed them in ALL the classes we took together!   You know why? I was QUALIFIED, and the adcomms knew it.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks standardized tests are accurate AND absolute indicators of academic ability is severely misguided.

You're a great example of why I personally despise AA.  You think it's fair that you be judged by different standards.  Most law schools see the LSAT as the main predictor of how well you will do.  Adcomms aren't looking at your application and saying he's QUALIFIED, they're looking at your application and saying, he's black, let him in. 

Your PREJUDICED opinion means NOTHING to me. Hopeless bigots like you AMUSE me  ::).

I was one of only 4 students to obtain a perfect score on a research paper for a poli sci class of 80 students, with only 5 blk students.  So when I say I am QUALIFIED to attend the best of law schools, please realize I do not speak idly. I've got the smarts--AND THE SKIN--to back it up!

Opposing AA doesn't mean I'm a bigot.  I believe AA to be unconstitutional, plain and simple.  I think it feeds into a sense of entitlement.  I can tell that you're reasonably intelligent, obviously not super smart, but you work hard, good for you.