...and other persnickety language issues. I need a distraction right now, so I bring you...
The KVETCH ABOUT BAD GRAMMAR thread!
* "The reason is because..." makes no sense. The reason is. Period.
* (this one isn't grammar per se, and I suspect I won't find much support here, but) I really really really hate O RLY. Gah!
* Come to think of it, most internet acronyms are pretty wretched
* There is a difference between "there" and "their" and "they're"
* Not to mention "your" and "you're"
Look, I don't mean to give anyone a hard time about the occasional mistake. I've been known to misplace a comma now and again, and I certainly take creative liberties with the English language that would make a linguistic purist cringe. Still and all, the rampant abuse of language (on this board and in general) makes me so sad. I die a little on the inside every time someone uses "your" instead of "you're".
So join me! Add your own pet peeves. What fun we'll have!