Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dying Bronchitis Girl with a Hacking Cough  (Read 4485 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Dying Bronchitis Girl with a Hacking Cough
« on: December 05, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »
I was seated next to Dying Bronchitis girl.  She had to use her inhaler several times during the test and had a rattling cough that echoed in the lecture hall.  Before the test, she admitted to have a fever of 103, and she turned to me immediately before the start of section one and was like "this is the most important test we'll ever take so don't @#!* it up."  Also, during the reading comp section, she left to go to the bathroom 4 times.  She and the proctors who had to keep coming to see what was wrong kept knocking into my chair.  I wanted her dead.

During break, myself and a few other students went to go speak to the proctor about getting the female dog excused from the test.  The proctor refused since it was medical.

Oh, also, the proctor refused to write the starting and ending times of each section on the board (which has been done for every other standardized exam I've ever taken).  She was a really mean little old lady.  I opted against the personal timer because I figured it would freak me out, but I did still want to know what time the section was ending.

Also, at one point, the proctor called 3 minutes and 52 seconds instead of 5 minutes.  She got distracted reading her book or something.  That was during the games... Dumb female dog.

Oh, but I felt great about the essay so yay.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Dying Bronchitis Girl with a Hacking Cough
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 10:00:06 PM »
Ugh.  That sucks.  I'm sorry.  :-\

If it makes you feel any better (it probably won't).  I studied my butt off for my retake, but when I got to my test center, I discovered that they'd turned the heat off.  It was 20F or less in that G-d forsaken room.  I broke pencil lead all the freaking time because my hands were shaking so badly.  Everyone in the room was wearing coats.

During the break after the third section, a bunch of us girls ran to the bathroom and soaked our hands in hot water for as long as we could.  It was a horrific experience.  And I ended up only scoring 2 points higher than I did on my last test, despite having practice points 5-8 points higher than that.  I thought about cancelling, but honestly, two times is enough for me.  I'm so done with that test. :P
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

ProfessorPlum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Georgetown Law 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:09 AM »
I was seated next to Dying Bronchitis girl.  She had to use her inhaler several times during the test and had a rattling cough that echoed in the lecture hall.  Before the test, she admitted to have a fever of 103, and she turned to me immediately before the start of section one and was like "this is the most important test we'll ever take so don't @#!* it up."  Also, during the reading comp section, she left to go to the bathroom 4 times.  She and the proctors who had to keep coming to see what was wrong kept knocking into my chair.  I wanted her dead.

During break, myself and a few other students went to go speak to the proctor about getting the female dog excused from the test.  The proctor refused since it was medical.

Oh, also, the proctor refused to write the starting and ending times of each section on the board (which has been done for every other standardized exam I've ever taken).  She was a really mean little old lady.  I opted against the personal timer because I figured it would freak me out, but I did still want to know what time the section was ending.

Also, at one point, the proctor called 3 minutes and 52 seconds instead of 5 minutes.  She got distracted reading her book or something.  That was during the games... Dumb female dog.

Oh, but I felt great about the essay so yay.

I laughed out loud several times while reading this post!  Sorry your experience was so rough, though.  At least it makes for an entertaining story?

I bet you still did great...
hoia saxa

Mnemeson

• Fit for a clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 01:07:32 PM »
The proctor in London missed the 5 minute warning for one section, as well.. I kept on thinking 'either she's late, or my watch is really bad', and finally she apologised, but there were 3 minutes left.
UGPA: 2.I degree (3.3-ish)
LSAT: 160
LSN

bluert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »
Maybe the best preparation is to take your practice tests in the middle of a loud crowded room with people shoving you and coughing on you at random intervals, then you'd be prepared for anything.

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:34:32 PM »
Alexi, please tell me that's a RENT reference  :)

Love it.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:29:38 PM »
Definately a Rent reference... thanks  ;)

luckylucyd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »
I swear to you the seven dwarfs were in my test center... lucky me I got to sit next to sneezy who kept throwing her used kleenex all over the floor around her desk... YUCK!

The best was the girl in her pajamas who kept taking her shoes and socks off...it was freezing in the room, maybe she was trying to keep herself awake?

I also have to mention the guy with the expired license who kept pointing out they had expired only eight hours ago... during the break they told him his score would not be recorded, you don't want to know what his response was.
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. --John W. Gardner"

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »
I swear to you the seven dwarfs were in my test center... lucky me I got to sit next to sneezy who kept throwing her used kleenex all over the floor around her desk... YUCK!

The best was the girl in her pajamas who kept taking her shoes and socks off...it was freezing in the room, maybe she was trying to keep herself awake?

I also have to mention the guy with the expired license who kept pointing out they had expired only eight hours ago... during the break they told him his score would not be recorded, you don't want to know what his response was.

Maybe it's different in other states, but when my license expires it doesn't cease to be a form of ID.  it just means I can't legally drive.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

luckylucyd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 10:11:29 AM »
I think the issue was that his license was expired and he had no other form of photo id.  They told us when we got there if our license was expired we would not be admitted to the testing rooms.  Not sure why?
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser. --John W. Gardner"