Law School Discussion

young love, as seen by the older people

->Soon

• View Profile
young love, as seen by the older people
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »
so, when your listening to one of your younger classmates, say, sub 22, talking about how they ar ein love and this is it and no one else will ever do, do you also chuckle?

ive tried explaining to a few of them the odds are astronomical they will stay with one person, but you cant logic with people in love.

oh well, they will learn...

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
Re: young love, as seen by the older people
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:11:55 PM »
so, when your listening to one of your younger classmates, say, sub 22, talking about how they ar ein love and this is it and no one else will ever do, do you also chuckle?

ive tried explaining to a few of them the odds are astronomical they will stay with one person, but you cant logic with people in love.

Nah...I got married a week past my 22nd birthday and we haven't killed each other yet.

Call me an eternal optimist...

Cheers,

Para

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:34:36 AM »

Nah...I got married a week past my 22nd birthday and we haven't killed each other yet.

Call me an eternal optimist...

Cheers,

Para

how old r u now?

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 04:59:58 AM »

There are lots of people who marry their college sweetheart, so I don't really think it's that big an issue. I think the real issue is people who get married because they think that's what they should be doing, instead of taking more steps to ensure that the relationship will work in the long-term.

Red Bull Imperator

• Redbull sceptrum orbis terrarum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 05:00:22 AM »
Actually I could easily imagine marrying the person I am with now ... but I guess I am one of those young people in love.....  :)

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 05:02:34 AM »
Do have to say I feel a certain amusement at it, yes. Now I'm sure many married-early people can make it work, but I am not so certain that means it was a good idea. Hell, I'm not sure if getting married at all is a good idea yet.

Vonck

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 06:51:42 AM »
Yeah, I don't really think that it is strange for a couple who is in college to be thinking about marriage.

smack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »
I married young (20) and it was great...the divorce six years later was even greater...

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 08:15:36 AM »
I married young (20) and it was great...the divorce six years later was even greater...

ADL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 10:34:40 AM »
i think young love is one of the best experiences in life one can have.  sure a lot of times it doesn't work out.  but when your young & in love, anything seems possible.  & i guess as older (jaded) people, we're supposed to laugh @ that, but sometimes i look back & wish that i could love as openly as i did when i was younger.