Law School Discussion

(Updated) LR PM (49/50)

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
Re: (Updated) LR PM (49/50)
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »
#10 I disagree with that answer to... I think the correct answer was that demand would not increase...
Because in the question it said that people have unlimited demands and that supply of resources is always limited.  Then it was concluded that demand will outstrip supply. In order to reach that conclusion you have to assume that demand would not incraese. Or something like that...

Actually, I think in order to conclude that you have to assume that demand is higher than supply.  If it weren't, then we wouldn't run out of resources.

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »
let's scratch our heads and come up with that 50th lr question.

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 03:55:50 PM »
38. I am almost sure the answer to the flaggelem question was in order for the argument to be valid that some the compenents of the flaggelum could not be evolutionairy neccessary.. or something like that.

yes, that was what i had as well.

I agree.  I had it down to the two discussed answers and I felt that the parts answer was a much stronger answer.

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
I wish I could help, but I had an experimental...but hey, let's try.

Democracy something something (it's bad, I guess)

Flaw in argument:  the author does not consider that other forms of gov't do the same things...rings a bell?

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 04:04:15 PM »

Flaw in argument:  the author does not consider that other forms of gov't do the same things...rings a bell?
yes but i had experimental too... or it could be the question about democracies being mediocre and not the best or the worst?

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 04:05:14 PM »

yes but i had experimental too... or it could be the question about democracies being mediocre and not the best or the worst?

No, it's different.  The answer is different as well.  I guess we need someone who did not have a third LR.

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 04:11:57 PM »
Seems familiar to me, can you elaborate at all?

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 04:14:02 PM »
I disagree with the answer provided for #10.  The question essentially said that supply will fall in the future and its conclusion involved the future as well - thus demand's current position relative to supply is not relevant.  That being said, I forget what the other answer choices were.

One of the other answer choices - and the one that I put - stated that the limits of the supply can be determined. I have yet to see any mention of this answer choice so I'm guessing it's wrong... did anybody else pick this?

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 04:20:22 PM »
Seems familiar to me, can you elaborate at all?

Not much.  Essentially, the critic (?) implies that Democracy is bad for some reasons, which I cannot recall.  He basically criticizes it.  And then there was an aswer that said that he does not consider the fact that other forms of government do the same thing (it was D or E).  This question was also towards the beginning of the section - maybe 2nd page or so, the first one in the top left corner.

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 05:08:52 PM »
How about this? Question about traveling to mars and basic resources that are needed. Assumption- no basic resources can be found on mars.