Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why the Dec LSAT really sucks...  (Read 1223 times)

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Why the Dec LSAT really sucks...
« on: December 04, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »
...at least for those of us applying this cycle...

Come Dec 22nd, we'll be so excited to get our scores and probably jump onto LSD to post "Yea! I got a X!" but then get stomped on by someone posting "Yea! I got ACCEPTED to X!" and then realize that an LSAT score by itself doesn't mean anything until you have an acceptance to go with it.  Bummer.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

kaniff

• View Profile
Re: Why the Dec LSAT really sucks...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:07:26 PM »
I don't know of any schools that are named after a number from 120-180 or a score that you can get that is a string of letters.

:D ;D ::)

LSAT Granddad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »
What about Z for schools?
Aspartate(attractant):W&L, GULC, Mich, UVa
Leucine(attractant/repellent):H
Nickel(repellent):
randomwalker

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »

Come Dec 22nd, we'll be so excited to get our scores and probably jump onto LSD to post "Yea! I got a X!" but then get stomped on by someone posting "Yea! I got ACCEPTED to X!" and then realize that an LSAT score by itself doesn't mean anything until you have an acceptance to go with it.  Bummer.

How'd it go on Saturday, Ms. Boss? You are the only December LSAT taker I care about, afterall   ;)

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:28:23 PM »

How'd it go on Saturday, Ms. Boss? You are the only December LSAT taker I care about, afterall   ;)

Aw....thanks!   :-*

I walked out of the test center super excited that I made the LSAT my female dog and got a 180.  But...I've never done that in practice (a 180 or that confident), so now I'm awfully nervous that I confidently picked the wrong answer 20 times as opposed to my old habit of guessing 20 times and will end up with a 155.  Plus, there are a lot of hotly contested LR PMs that I just plain disagree with.  Their logic is fine and works for the way they remember it, but the way they remember the original is not the way I remember it.  So...am I right, or did I just read that many problems wrong?  Oh well, 22 days to sweat it out! 

I'm betting you rocked it out.

The PMs are never completely accurate, usually one person says something that sounds good and then a bunch of people agree. People's imagined assuredness exponentially increases en masse.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:40:22 PM »

Aw....thanks!   :-*

I walked out of the test center super excited that I made the LSAT my female dog and got a 180.  But...I've never done that in practice (a 180 or that confident), so now I'm awfully nervous that I confidently picked the wrong answer 20 times as opposed to my old habit of guessing 20 times and will end up with a 155.  Plus, there are a lot of hotly contested LR PMs that I just plain disagree with.  Their logic is fine and works for the way they remember it, but the way they remember the original is not the way I remember it.  So...am I right, or did I just read that many problems wrong?  Oh well, 22 days to sweat it out! 

You sound just like me after the September test. Right after the test I felt like I'd rocked it, but the PM's made me lose some of my confidence. It turned out that my first instinct was correct. I have no doubt that you did really well.
shanny, how did you feel about games? I'm ok with everything else, but have no idea how well i did on games. Damn it, it's killing me. I need to know my score. lol

thestradgirl

• LSD Obsessed
  • where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • MSN Messenger - hanui@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thestradgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 09:43:40 PM »

Yeah and imagine how one would feel if the score was crap shoot. :( You sound like you did very well though. :) And while PMs are never 100% accurate, they are accurate to a large extent so I don't think there is a chance that you will be too far away from a prestijious LSAT score. ;)
this guy
------------------------------
I say that good painters imitated nature; but that bad ones vomited it.

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616)