Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Feb 7 LSAT  (Read 4335 times)

kslaw

• View Profile
Feb 7 LSAT
« on: February 25, 2004, 09:13:35 AM »
Anyone else really anxious for their score? I'd like to send in an application to the law school in my city, which is due March 1. I don't want to apply until I know if my score is high enough.

I just wish we'd get our scores early.

auto208562

Re: Feb 7 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 09:55:04 AM »
I am so anxious also.  I keep checking the LSAC website to see if they have posted my scores, before they email it to me.  And I've been checking a couple times a day for the last couple of days already. 

I'm also kind of nervous.  I thought it was a hard test, and I couldn't clearly assess how well I did;  I feel my score could be very good or very poor. 

AAAHHH!!!!  I just can't take it. 

kslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 10:00:55 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I honestly think my score could be anywhere between 120 and 175. (I was saying 120-180, but then I thought about a few questions I'm sure I got wrong.)

I have checked www.lsac.org several times a day. I have dreams every night about receiving my score. last night, the dream was that I only got 7 right. it's at the point where my fiance, who goes to work earlier than me, is checking www.lsac.org every morning and calling me. (our Internet isn't working at home).

It's awful. when do you think they'll come in? I thought today was going to be the day, but now I'm starting to believe the "get your scores early thing" is a lie and we'll just get them on Monday.

Mcsky11

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 10:08:51 AM »
I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear this from everyone else!  I have been reading this board for weeks and have never registered and posted before, but just wanted to add that I am doing the exact same thing.

I think I went to the LSAC web site 3 times on Monday and upwards of 5 yesterday.  My husband found this very amusing as I was discussing "patience" with our 5 and 6 yead old children yesterday. 

I hope we get the scores early - I don't think I can make it 5 more days.

auto208562

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 10:13:06 AM »
I've also heard that it may come in a couple days early, but I think probably no earlier than Friday.  I'm thinking as if it is like our pay periods for my work.  For example, if we are to receive our paper paychecks on Monday, March 1, like our LSAT scores, if we had electronic transfer, those employees would get it in their account earlier, on Friday, the previous business day. 

I assume that they would mail out LSAT scores either Friday or Monday, since the paper scores I thought are received a week later.

kslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 10:26:02 AM »
Did anyone take them last year? If so, do you remember when they came in?

CJLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 10:53:35 AM »
I was just going to start a thread on this same topic. The past two weeks have been okay, because I have kept myself busy. But, since Monday I have been soooooo anxious about my score, re-analyzing how I might have done, and coming up with backup plans if I don't score well.

My test experience has been humbling. I have always been a very good test taker, but I just wasn't confident during the administration. One of my little quirks, though, is that when I think I nailed a test, I bomb it and when I think I bomb it, I end up nailing it. For this test, I walked out ready to punch a wall in because I felt I did soooo horribly.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. Good Luck!

kslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 11:12:43 AM »
CJLaw, what scares me is I'm the same way, and during this test, I was thinking it was easier than the practice exams, and felt confident about the test.

By the end of the test, I'd lost all confidence, though. I hated the student/faculty housing question and realized that the fact that I finished all the sections early (when I'd struggled for time in practice tests) meant I hadn't been reading them carefully enough.

oh well. only a few more days.

CJLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 11:42:14 AM »
I was the complete opposite of you. In the RC and LR sections, I always finsihed early during the practice exams. However, during the actual test, I went all the way to the time limit. I was feeling pretty good, though at the break. But, after the real games section I was off balance and frustrated. I just hope that it didn't transend into the final two sections. Oh, well. There is nothing we can do about it now.

About getting our scores: I thought 3/1 was the earliest that we received them. THe above posts were the first I heard of LSAC sending them earlier. Is this true or just rumor?

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 12:06:12 PM »
Just curious - it sounds like you can get your scores online now.  Is that right?

<old man voice> When I was taking the LSAT we had to call and pay an extra fee to get our scores early.  And we had to keep hitting re-dial to try to get through.  And all of this happened as we were walking to school up-hill both ways in the snow with only one pair boots to share among the whole family. </old man voice>