Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Weird Subject Matter  (Read 542 times)

BlondieBoo85

• View Profile
Weird Subject Matter
« on: December 03, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »
Forget the levels of difficulty, did anyone feel as though the subject matter of the LG and LR was weird?  I just thought a lot of the LR stimuli were kinda unusual/weird subject matter.

LSAT Granddad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Weird Subject Matter
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 12:33:22 PM »
?? for example?
Aspartate(attractant):W&L, GULC, Mich, UVa
Leucine(attractant/repellent):H
Nickel(repellent):
randomwalker

BlondieBoo85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:37:46 PM »
I'm not sure exactly.  I took the Sept and the subject matter was pretty straightforward.  I just remember thinking are they really talking about this or did they really use that word or what the hell that statement is so random.

Maybe it's all in my head.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »
you pay attention to subject matter? All i remember is stuff like "if I and S then M" and "If M then O". haha.

missjameson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »
i agree with you 100 percent. i think they threw in the bizzare and pointless questions and topics to aggravate us and then they chose the dryest reading passages ever.concentrating is hard enough when something is grounded in reality.  they succeeded in making me feel completely disgusted and violated at the end of it all.

Dr. Raoul Duke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 12:52:31 PM »
Agree, the content seemed kinda odd.  Plus, a ton of flaw questions, and fewer assumption questions it seemed like.  The inference questions also seemed a bit tougher this time around.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:59:54 PM »
I agree that LR content seemed sorta outta place but in as much as I hate the science passages, they were pretty lenient this time around. Spetmeber's science passage still feels bizarre me to me every time I read it. The African writer's passage was sorta cool, but of course the one about law and the international influence, those were ok too.
Washington University School of Law 2010

JellyBelly

• should I wear RED or PLAID??????????????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »
i thought so too. when i saw the  murder mystery stimulus, i was like hmmm. interesting.

BlondieBoo85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »
I mean I guess in some ways it was kind of good.  I just remember all these bizarre LR anf LG stimuli from yesterday.  Like the dermatologist, the plaid game, the murder question.  It seemed so much more out there and random then anything I had ever practiced before.  It kind of kept me on my toes though....