Law School Discussion

How to submit

How to submit
« on: December 03, 2006, 06:48:01 PM »
I'm finally nearing the end of this (or beginning?).  Are most of you submitting electronic apps though LSAC and using their LOR service?  I'm only applying to 2 schools, so the convenience factor is void.  I have to send in my signed personal statement so I am considering submitting everything via mail in one package.  Is it appropriate to hand write on the application that the school sent me in the prospective student package?  I can also download it from their website, but I can't type on the PDF file.  Would it negatively affect the amount of time it takes to go "complete" at a school if the material is sumitted in paper form?  I wonder if it would delay them requesting my report from lsac or compiling everything into my file.  Thanks for your responses.  This is a great forum for floating ideas.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: How to submit
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:00:14 PM »
I'm finally nearing the end of this (or beginning?).  Are most of you submitting electronic apps though LSAC and using their LOR service?  I'm only applying to 2 schools, so the convenience factor is void.  I have to send in my signed personal statement so I am considering submitting everything via mail in one package.  Is it appropriate to hand write on the application that the school sent me in the prospective student package?  I can also download it from their website, but I can't type on the PDF file.  Would it negatively affect the amount of time it takes to go "complete" at a school if the material is sumitted in paper form?  I wonder if it would delay them requesting my report from lsac or compiling everything into my file.  Thanks for your responses.  This is a great forum for floating ideas.

If nothing else, mailing in your app will make completion come several days later.  If you use LSAC the school will know to request your file within a day or two and they will have your complete package in around 10 days.  I submitted all 11 of mine online, and it is much easier, for them and us.  I did have several schools that wanted the signature form, but it is easier to just mail that in a regular envelope than it is to mail the whole applicaiton package in a big heavy envelope.  Just use LSAC, its for the best.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: How to submit
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 08:09:28 PM »
I can also download it from their website, but I can't type on the PDF file.
Yes you can, you just have to get a program that allows writing (such as Adobe Writer) to PDF files, intead of a reader.