Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT CLEARLY BIASED!!!  (Read 1124 times)

Bouzie1982

LSAT CLEARLY BIASED!!!
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:46:53 AM »
It took me about 2 minutes to figure out that plaid, by definition, has to be multicolored.  Couldn't LSAC specify MULTICOLORED plaid....damn them

...This test was clearly biased against gay test takers.  We're much too fashionable to have any prior experience with plaid.

Last night I actually had a dream about Ramon, Sue, and T driving their new cars through a sliding glass door in the winter.  Sue and T were wearing caps and gowns while Ramon was wearing that ridiculous plaid outfit. (By the way, I did not happen to notice what general effect the breaking of the glass door had upon the overall ambiance of the living room.)

God I wish that dream was were available on DVD; I'd watch it over and over and over again

RITTANDOCHO SENORODOFOSHO

• View Profile
Re: LSAT CLEARLY BIASED!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:42:50 AM »
If it took you two minutes to figure that out, you have bigger problems than an LSAT bias. I didn't assume plaid was multicolored, but the whole game pretty much implied it everywhere you looked.

Funny, though!
LSAT 171, Waiting on December's LSAT
GPA 3.5

Bouzie1982

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »
Multi-textured plaid rather than multi-colored plaid?  Who knows...It was obviously a stupid mistake on my part.  Managed to make up for the time pretty easily but still can't believe how stupid I was.  Oh well, at least it resulted in an amusing dream

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:19:25 AM »
I don't care if this makes me stupid but it definitely took me about a minute, which in lsat time is like 5 times, to realize that plaid = multicolored.  I only had one plaid shirt when I was VERY young and it was it just different shades of blue.  Maybe that's why it through me off for a sec?  I dunno.
Waiting.....

BlondieBoo85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »
Yes, this game was poorly worded!!!  It took me like a minute to figure out the stimulus with color!  Very confusing!

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 11:57:01 AM »
Yea, i'm trilingual, and it took me a while to figure out wtf plaid meant...

fearlesscowboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:07:22 PM »
Yeah, I didn't know what plaid meant beforehand.  This stupid test's game section ruined me.   

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »
i would have spent the remaining time thinking about catholic school girls' uniforms

/just sayin'

Tuttipoopoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 12:11:52 PM »
I could actually see the argument that this game had a cultural bias.  Some people quite simply just do not wear plaid or no anyone that does.  

I'm not saying this bias applies to me cause I think I was just too nervous to realize wtf was going on at first, but still seemed a bit weird.  
Waiting.....

Jmir018

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 12:12:26 PM »
i didnt' know wht they meant at first.. but by the time i was reading the conditions it clicked.
The wording of the "proceed" game was bad. i draw the game out and realized 3 minutes later that my inferences were all wrong.