Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Maintenance Crew distractions.  (Read 2267 times)

mike989

• View Profile
Maintenance Crew distractions.
« on: December 03, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »
I was seated just in front of the back door of our room (double doors with a small gap in between...the kind that allow one to hear everything going on in the hallway).  Maintenance walked through having a candid conversation during the middle of section 2... no big deal.  They didn't really get me out of my rhythm too badly.  During the third section (RC), however, it sounded like that were building something back there.  I could hear them hammering and moving stuff all over the place with no regard for the test center (likely not their fault as I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they were not informed of the test).  It was ridiculous.  I was trying to read the damn passage, and there was a bang almost on cue every couple seconds.  I tried to power through it, but it went on long enough that the entire passage was ruined for me.  I got up and left right away.  The realy frustrating part is that I killed the first two sections.  Everything was going perfectly until the damn maintenance crew distraction. 

RITTANDOCHO SENORODOFOSHO

• View Profile
Re: Maintenance Crew distractions.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:44:53 AM »
Did you ask the proctors to do something about it?
LSAT 171, Waiting on December's LSAT
GPA 3.5

dharrison84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 01:53:07 AM »
When I took it back in June, we were in a class room right next to my university's new building project. There were jack hammers going the entire time, and a lot of people were pissed. I didn't really care though, I just didn't want to have to take it again.

benr_roth

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
the building i took my test in was just being finished and there was drills going in the next room for half of section 1. Apparently that's acceptable for a test that decides the rest of your life, let alone what you folks had to deal with.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 01:14:51 AM »
It's completely ridiculous, but that of course is why you cancel, protest, and hope for a better situation next time.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 12:27:16 PM »
That is ridiculous.

I was lucky enough to have a big, room-temperature room with no noises outside the room.  It was a recently built building so the desks and chairs were cozy, big, and modern and there were only 14 people in a large classroom so I had enough desk space to sprawl out and take a nap on. 

But I really think it is a rip off that some people have all these distractions... I mean, I am COMPETING with you and I had an intrinsic advantage.  That's not fair to you at all. 
_______
.|E|R|S.