Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 86443 times)

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
I have the interview tomorrow, I will let you all know how it goes.
Georgetown 1.5L

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »
1. Know your resume, like everyone says.

2. Be prepared to talk about anything weak that may show up on your resume or transcript. This includes LSAT scores or GPAs or whatever. This caught me off guard. Usually in interviewees you get the "what's your weak point" question, which is crap I think, but in my interview they pointed at my flaw and said "why." I spoke to my gf about when she interviewed with them and she said they did the same to her. This is the biggest thing IMO.

If anyone has any questions, PM me.
Georgetown 1.5L

lajoi21

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »
For those of you who have not heard back from SEO for an interview, don't be discouraged.  I was getting a little worried because I haven't heard anything and some people have been interviewing already.  I wasn't sure if they notified you if you did not get an interview.  I called SEO today and the guy said that everyone is notified either way and that could go all the way up until May.

So, my app is still in consideration.  Hopefully I'll get some good news soon. ??? :)

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »
i could be wrong but it sounds like those of us who are not going to T6+ schools are pretty much screwed.

Thoughts?

LifesaBitch

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
i could be wrong but it sounds like those of us who are not going to T6+ schools are pretty much screwed.

Thoughts?

I agree, but that's the way of life sometimes.  If you take a look at SEO's partner law firm, all of them are somewhere in Vault's top 100 law firms. 

Positions in these firms are extremely competitive.  Therefore, jobs are usually filled by top law school graduates (not just summer internships, but it applies to summer associates and full-time associates too).   
Northwestern - Class of 2011!

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2008, 12:36:48 AM »

Thoughts?

Not necessarily.  I know people in my 1L class who did it last summer.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »

Thoughts?

Not necessarily.  I know people in my 1L class who did it last summer.

I think the OP was exaggerating, but generally speaking, if you are interested in SEO you had better be interested in attending a T14 school.
Georgetown 1.5L

cerise

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Ok...this may sound like a silly question, but is a letter of recommendation letter required? Do you need to have it in before the interview?  I see rec letters being mentioned  on the seo website but nothing for the corporate law area.  BTW, is anyone interviewing in Atlanta, GA?

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »
Cerise, I just got the interview notice today and will be interviewing in Atlanta.  Best of luck to everyone.

alexb240

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2008, 12:00:24 AM »
I just got the interview notice today as well, and will be interviewing in D.C. In my sudden panic, I stumbled onto LSD and found this thread. I'm going to have to read this sucker to figure out what I'm in for! ;)