Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 86044 times)

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »
I had my interview today. If you're in Atlanta, don't sweat it. The environment was chill-- my interviewers started by wishing me a happy birthday (okay, that was a little creepy). I probably didn't make a great impression because of my case study, but it was a rather ridiculous article (alas, you can't say such things).  They didn't use any of the scare tactics other people have mentioned. Also, there will be about 60 spots this summer. I didn't think to ask how many people they planned on interviewing. ::)

I didn't either, though they mentioned that they're planning on 450-500 applications. 

:o I suddenly feel much less confident. Maybe I was too chummy. I just assumed I had about a 1/3 chance. Shoot.  :-[
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007, 05:40:32 PM »
I had my interview today. If you're in Atlanta, don't sweat it. The environment was chill-- my interviewers started by wishing me a happy birthday (okay, that was a little creepy). I probably didn't make a great impression because of my case study, but it was a rather ridiculous article (alas, you can't say such things).  They didn't use any of the scare tactics other people have mentioned. Also, there will be about 60 spots this summer. I didn't think to ask how many people they planned on interviewing. ::)

I didn't either, though they mentioned that they're planning on 450-500 applications. 

:o I suddenly feel much less confident. Maybe I was too chummy. I just assumed I had about a 1/3 chance. Shoot.  :-[

Did you drop the names of the schools that accepted you?  I'm sure that will carry you a long way.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »

You don't have anything to worry about.  Unless you intentionally farted in the interview then I'm sure you'll get a spot.  It's the people like me who aren't seriously considering T14 schools that have to worry! 

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007, 06:01:41 PM »
Can you guys talk a little more about the case study?  I'm not applying, but it does sound interesting.  Sounds almost like it was a consulting interview, which frequently focus on case study interviews.

I have a lot of consulting friends, and I don't think it would compare by a long shot. They simply had you read a news article, summarize, and respond. It didn't require any prior knowledge and I can't imagine anyone making a very complicated argument about it. My article was on a federal judge ordering the treasury to print money that the blind could identify.

They already had my list of schools. Sadly, a lax scandal has seriously put me off of name dropping. I'll need to re-learn the practice.
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

SweetEpiphany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2007, 02:48:15 PM »
Just got an email saying I've been selected for an interview in NYC.  Anyone else get this?  I'm pretty stoked. 

Does anyone know if they supply any kind of reimbursement for the travel costs of the interview?

Hey, I have an interview in NY on the 12th and would love some advice regarding the types of questions I should prepare myself for.  Please help me, I really, really, want this opportunity.
UVA Law 2010!

I will not allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for that is the great foundation of failure. ~Og Mandino

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2007, 10:13:36 PM »
Standard interview questions, like those found here: http://www.vault.com/nr/newsmain.jsp?nr_page=3&ch_id=421&article_id=18577&cat_id=1481

Also, be prepared to ask them some questions.
0102 SLY

hushpuppy

• That I may be free. I love you Jo'burg.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 11:49:03 PM »
Damn I missed the deadline. Is it too late to apply?

And even if its too late, another question will be, do they provide accomodation for these internships?
GWU 2010 except Vandy calls

hushpuppy

• That I may be free. I love you Jo'burg.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »
C'mon guyz, I know someone's got the answer to these questions!
GWU 2010 except Vandy calls

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »
Call SEO directly to find out. 
Yale.Law.School.2010

akattorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My numbers!!
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 12:48:08 PM »
They do not provide housing for the internship.