Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 87545 times)

quidditch424

• View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
Just got an email about interviewing in D.C. in March
In: Georgetown, Duke
Held: Harvard
Pending: Chicago, UMichigan, NYU
Waitlisted: Columbia, Penn

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »
Was it as intense as XOXO made it out to be? What sort of questions did they ask? How did you prepare for it?
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »
Was it as intense as XOXO made it out to be? What sort of questions did they ask? How did you prepare for it?

It wasn't as intense as I was expecting.  My interviewers were very cordial.  I left with a positive impression of my interviewers.  I prepared with standard interview questions.  That was good because the bulk of the interview was based on these types of questions. 

quidditch424

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »
Question for anyone who has done an SEO interview.......

I got the email today around 6pm about registering for an interview; when registering you had to attach a resume. When I got home at 8pm I went to sign up and all the slos were gone. The website  basically made it seem like you're SOL if you don't get one and they only offer the 10. Did this happen to anyone else?

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 11:07:03 PM »
Yup. It happened to me the last go around (ie, I tried to sign up over winter break, but took a day to confirm flight information). Last time around they said you'd be invited with the next round of interviews. I'm not sure if this is the last round, though. I e-mailed them about it.
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

quidditch424

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 11:18:15 PM »
I think I'm going to email them and tell them I will go anywhere on the East Coast that they have an open interview slot......

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
Any other thoughts?

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 05:21:40 PM »
I had my interview today. If you're in Atlanta, don't sweat it. The environment was chill-- my interviewers started by wishing me a happy birthday (okay, that was a little creepy). I probably didn't make a great impression because of my case study, but it was a rather ridiculous article (alas, you can't say such things).  They didn't use any of the scare tactics other people have mentioned. Also, there will be about 60 spots this summer. I didn't think to ask how many people they planned on interviewing. ::)
0102 SLY

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »
I had my interview today. If you're in Atlanta, don't sweat it. The environment was chill-- my interviewers started by wishing me a happy birthday (okay, that was a little creepy). I probably didn't make a great impression because of my case study, but it was a rather ridiculous article (alas, you can't say such things).  They didn't use any of the scare tactics other people have mentioned. Also, there will be about 60 spots this summer. I didn't think to ask how many people they planned on interviewing. ::)

I didn't either, though they mentioned that they're planning on 450-500 applications. 

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »
Can you guys talk a little more about the case study?  I'm not applying, but it does sound interesting.  Sounds almost like it was a consulting interview, which frequently focus on case study interviews.
Yale.Law.School.2010