Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 86556 times)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 05:02:32 PM »
I had a GREAT time doing SEO this past summer.  I was one of the interns at Cleary

Can you talk more about SEO?  I've met SEO people in finance, but none who did the corporate law program.  What were some of the highlights?  What kind of work did you do?  Etc, thanks!
Yale.Law.School.2010

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
Bump - any more insights into SEO Corporate Law?

I just applied for this, just made the deadline for the second round which is today.  I do want to rest up before law school but I can't resist an opportunity like this, esp. since I want to work in corporate law anyway.   

I also submitted my application and I'd love to hear more.  Any word on when we'll hear back from them?

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03:41 PM »
I decided not to apply for SEO.  I'm going to use up some remaining grant money I have to maybe go abroad again before law school.  It would be great to earn some cash and make connections before entering law school, but considering I have no current interest in corporate law and will be assuming massive loan debt anyway, I might as well not apply.  Best of luck to all of you that did.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 05:21:41 PM »
Just got an email saying I've been selected for an interview in NYC.  Anyone else get this?  I'm pretty stoked. 

Does anyone know if they supply any kind of reimbursement for the travel costs of the interview?

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »
Just got an email saying I've been selected for an interview in NYC.  Anyone else get this?  I'm pretty stoked. 

Does anyone know if they supply any kind of reimbursement for the travel costs of the interview?

Good question. My interview's in my hometown, so at least I won't have to pay for hotels and food  :).
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

Mitt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »
I was also invited for the interview, does anyone know what kinds of questions we might expet?
Northwestern 2010

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2006, 12:26:22 PM »

Just got an email, SEO does not reimburse travel expenses. 

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »
bumpity bump

Just booked flight and hotel in late January for the interview.  After browsing through some old SEO threads on xoxo it seems that the inveriew is pretty intense and that SEO is concerned with prestige.  They like to know where you'll be going to school before an offer is extended.  They don't discuss pay or which firm you'll be at until you've accepted.   

Anybody reading this who can give us more info?

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 11:01:52 PM »
Just got back from SEO interview.  Would be willing to answer questions and give summary if wanted.  Let me know!

IF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 11:53:50 PM »
Ditto!
UVA, 2010

It's the place.