Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 85509 times)

brittlynniamback

• View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »
When I contacted my interviewer to tell her I had decided on a school, she instructed me to put it in writing so that she could forward the information to program director Louie Rodriguez.

He wasn't in my interview and she said he likes to speak with all candidates.  He called me and the gist of what he said was that it was great that I had decided, but that they need enrollment verification in the form of deposit receipt before they make the decision/placement.

I was waiting on a scholarship offer and I told him so; I asked whether waiting ruining my chances and he said that it's normal not to have made a decision yet.  He also said that as long as I had a decision by the end of April, that I should be fine. He did say that the sooner the better, though, so that they can make placements, etc.

I finally paid my deposit Friday.  It'll arrive by Tuesday and the admissions office has agreed to forward a receipt to SEO.  Keep you all posted.

-B

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2007, 01:47:48 AM »
When I contacted my interviewer to tell her I had decided on a school, she instructed me to put it in writing so that she could forward the information to program director Louie Rodriguez.

He wasn't in my interview and she said he likes to speak with all candidates.  He called me and the gist of what he said was that it was great that I had decided, but that they need enrollment verification in the form of deposit receipt before they make the decision/placement.

I was waiting on a scholarship offer and I told him so; I asked whether waiting ruining my chances and he said that it's normal not to have made a decision yet.  He also said that as long as I had a decision by the end of April, that I should be fine. He did say that the sooner the better, though, so that they can make placements, etc.

I finally paid my deposit Friday.  It'll arrive by Tuesday and the admissions office has agreed to forward a receipt to SEO.  Keep you all posted.

-B

That's a bit annoying for those of us waiting to visit schools before making a deposit. It makes spending a summer at home look more and more attractive.
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

Socraotes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »
I heard back. By phone. E-mail with formal offer to follow. They were just waiting on confirmation of enrollment. Good luck to everyone who's waiting!

Where did you decide to enroll? What were your LSAT/GPA and how did the interview go?

brittlynniamback

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
I got the call from Louie + Sari. I got it! E-mail offer to follow.  Best of luck to the rest!

Don't forget, they have to have your transcripts and enrollment proof first. 

redlandstang

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »
Where did you enroll?? GPA/LSAT #?'s trying to figure out what kind of chance I have at this point

AshleyChristina

• AOL Instant Messenger - mochalaugh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »
aaah this is making me so nervous lol I'm waiting for my second recommendation to come in which should be in by the end of the week. They have everything else...Congratulations to the people who have heard already!
University of Chicago '10

My life:

cody4bc  (3:03:11 AM): i wrote two sentences
cody4bc (3:03:21 AM): oh nevermind
cody4bc (3:03:37 AM): scratch that. i wrote one sentence and one sentence fragment

ML121: How much would you pay to have someone write your thesis?

AshleyChristina

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
Got the call about 15 min ago from Louis! Good luck to everyone.

My life:

cody4bc (3:03:37 AM): scratch that. i wrote one sentence and one sentence fragment

Socraotes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »
Got the call about 15 min ago from Louis! Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations!!! Do you know which firm you'll be with?

AshleyChristina

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
No, he said i would find out first week of May I think?

My life:

petronius

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2007, 02:15:34 PM »
Should we get a notice that they received our choice of school letter?  Things are looking bad it seems.  Oh well, off to relax and read this summer then.