Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 83297 times)

hushpuppy

• That I may be free. I love you Jo'burg.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »
'preciate the response. Thanx.
GWU 2010 except Vandy calls

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:56 AM »
No one's heard back yet I take it... I guess most of you haven't technically picked a Law school either.

Yeah, just waiting a few more weeks to solidify the decision, then I'll let them know. 

harlemnight

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if waiting to decide which school you will attend can hurt your SEO chances? I doubt I will make up my mind beofore mid April, but it seems like SEO wants us to tell them earlier than that.

Also, has anyone interviewed this week? If so, how was it?
YLS 2010

Diecisiete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2007, 02:33:55 AM »
I inteviewed this past Saturday. The interviewers were very nice and they asked made me to read the prompt that was mentioned earlier in this thread (about the currency.) I asked them whether any of my top choices (3 in top 10) would give me a better/worse shot and they said every school in the top 10 has been represented in the past. On a side note, the interviewers kept saying that corporate law is a very competetive business and that every degree of prestige matters when choosing law schools.  :) 

I still have to turn in recs though and actually choose a school. It could be a while.
CLS 2L

petronius

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »
So have people started to hear back now?  I interviewed in January and have heard nothing, should I just assume that I will not get an offer?  Anyone know exactly where we are supposed to turn our acceptance letter in to?

southernhostess

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »
So have people started to hear back now?  I interviewed in January and have heard nothing, should I just assume that I will not get an offer?  Anyone know exactly where we are supposed to turn our acceptance letter in to?

I interviewed in January also and I haven't heard back either. I do know that you send in your acceptance letters to the SEO Career Program office in NY (the same one used for the application and transcript) with a note attached stating that you are updating your file. HTH

petronius

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
Great thank you very much. 

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »

You definitely won't receive a decision until you tell them what school you are going to them and send them a copy of your tuition deposit form.

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2007, 08:06:46 PM »
I inteviewed this past Saturday. The interviewers were very nice and they asked made me to read the prompt that was mentioned earlier in this thread (about the currency.) I asked them whether any of my top choices (3 in top 10) would give me a better/worse shot and they said every school in the top 10 has been represented in the past. On a side note, the interviewers kept saying that corporate law is a very competetive business and that every degree of prestige matters when choosing law schools.  :) 

I still have to turn in recs though and actually choose a school. It could be a while.

I think the better the school you attend the better the chance you have at being admitted.  I would even say that the difference between a Penn and a Harvard might make the difference.  I have heard that quality of school is really what makes or breaks you.

Socraotes

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
Has anyone heard yet? I'm still waiting on some of my schools so I can't really turn in my enrollment form right now.