Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 87485 times)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
I have a feeling they know what's happening. Unfortunately, SEO may just decide to go on instinct and make their own predictions based on numbers. And they have interviewed quite a few candidates already. They could wait a little longer, but not by much. They are going to have to make some decisions b/c the firms will want to start putting their rosters together before the summer.

The situation favors applicants who applied early and, thus, have already been admitted to top schools. That's not to say all is lost or that others have no chance, just that it doesn't really look too good.

Find every Wall Street punk you can get your hands on and hit them in the mouth! lol. They caused all of this.

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »
just an FYI for anyone curious about start dates, the orientation wkend for this yr is the wkend of june 6th, and interns aren't required to be in NYC before then.

DC interns only need to be up in NY for the orientation wkend and for the corporate law institute in late june.

BJWriter26

« Reply #392 on: March 20, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »
Hey meesa,

Do you know what firm and/or practice area you'll be placed in? (If so, feel free to PM me.)

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 20, 2009, 08:29:29 PM »
Hey there. No, I don't know my firm placement yet --- I believe we don't find out placements until late April/early May, most likely.

jubileeez

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 23, 2009, 04:24:38 AM »
I got the invite to apply and I'm interested...but I'm really not trying to work the summer before ls.  In fact, I'm going to JA for two weeks, South Carolina for a lil bit, and REALLY trying to go to Greece.  Not trying to work, despite the perks of SEO.

Do it, do it, do it!  I would totally do SEO if I was a US citizen.  If necessary, quit your job earlier and travel before SEO starts.  The advantages are huge.  I had a friend who did SEO for two summers and had a job offer before senior year even started.  When most people were struggling to find jobs, he had multiple offers to choose from.  In addition, the connections are invaluable.

being a US citizen is not necessary for the program. they have spots for international students...im not a US citizen and i've applied.

queenofsheba1

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 30, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
Hey I just got latter notifying me that I was waitlisted :( I have a few questions though:

1) Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are taken from off the waitlist?
2) The letter at one point makes reference to people who haven't yet scheduled an interview. It would seem weird to waitlist people who are granted interviews even before they've had them. Therefore, should I consider this truly as a waitlist or some other kind of notification?
3) The letter says that a further decision will be made by the final round notification, March 22. However, I am planning to visit one of my prospective schools on the 25th. Does that mean I'd have to turn my enrollment form by the 22nd?

I got the same response from SEO. My question is how can a "further decision" be made by March 22nd if they haven't even asked me to interview yet?? I know you basically can't get this internship without an interview, so are they seriously waiting to see which law schools I get into? If so, March 22nd does not give me nearly enough time to hear from them all. This is so frustrating.

I am an SEO CL alum, my mentee urged me to answer some of the questions on here. The program has rolling admissions. So if they need further students they will consider you. I wouldn't work myself up about it, I mean you should be pursuing other opportunities as well so it shouldn't stress you out like that.

I did the program pre-CLI and I really wish I had the opportunity to have the CLI as part of my summer (and get paid for it??) However, my current firm has started to review these blogs for students who have applied to our summer positions. I hope you are all using careful judgement in your posts.

Hope that helps...

BJWriter26

« Reply #396 on: March 30, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »
I just sent in my admission letter and enrollment form today! Anybody knows how long it usually takes to get a response?

BJWriter26

« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
I'm in! I can't wait for NYC this summer! Now, on to housing...

mchllhcm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
I'm in! I can't wait for NYC this summer! Now, on to housing...

That was a QUICK turnaround! I faxed and emailed my enrollment on Friday. I'm guessing I should hear back on Monday or within the week.

What is everyone doing for housing?

yodyha731

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2010, 12:27:51 AM »
I'm fit it in practice seo Thank you very much.