Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 85803 times)

BJWriter26

Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »
Can you actually do that, though? I think I may submit my materials after I visit HLS on March 16th. Do you think that would be too late?

BJWriter26

« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
Hey, I just received another e-mail saying that SEO has reserved making a decision on your application pending your law school acceptance. They claim that they will make a decision within two to three weeks after I submit the enrollment form. Should I take this as a good sign or something else?

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »
Hey, I just received another e-mail saying that SEO has reserved making a decision on your application pending your law school acceptance. They claim that they will make a decision within two to three weeks after I submit the enrollment form. Should I take this as a good sign or something else?

Good sign! They are interested in you as an applicant, but they want to ensure that you are going to a top school before they commit. If they were not interested in you at all, they would just reject you.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2009, 02:37:47 AM »
$1,500/wk

BJWriter26

« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »
Is that how much you're receiving for SEO?

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 06, 2009, 12:11:45 AM »
Is that how much you're receiving for SEO?

I don't know, I haven't even interviewed yet. But read back through the thread...some people who claim to be in the know said $1,500 is the rate. I had a friend who went through it in 2006. I thought it was $3,000/wk just like 1L summers, but I guess not. When I talk to her, I will put it down in this thread.

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
... the "rate" is determined by the firm you get placed with. hence the range they mention on their brochure.

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 06, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
hey, i heard back a week and a half later by phone.

Who?

• Maybe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »
Newbie here.

Had my interview last week and thought it went ok (not great but whatever).
I have a question, though. Who are you guys getting recs from? I was thinking maybe my boss but maybe a prof...

MissMaroon

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2009, 10:19:35 AM »
Hey I just got latter notifying me that I was waitlisted :( I have a few questions though:

1) Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are taken from off the waitlist?
2) The letter at one point makes reference to people who haven't yet scheduled an interview. It would seem weird to waitlist people who are granted interviews even before they've had them. Therefore, should I consider this truly as a waitlist or some other kind of notification?
3) The letter says that a further decision will be made by the final round notification, March 22. However, I am planning to visit one of my prospective schools on the 25th. Does that mean I'd have to turn my enrollment form by the 22nd?

I got the same response from SEO. My question is how can a "further decision" be made by March 22nd if they haven't even asked me to interview yet?? I know you basically can't get this internship without an interview, so are they seriously waiting to see which law schools I get into? If so, March 22nd does not give me nearly enough time to hear from them all. This is so frustrating.