Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 85508 times)

SSI

• View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »
Hi Meesa,

From your LSN profile it looks like you're deferring 1L until next year. Is SEO going to let you intern this summer anyway? They don't seem to have a clear policy on deferrals, though they're pretty specific that applicants have to be enrolling in the fall. (I'm thinking about deferring also!)

Thanks!

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 05, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
i deferred LAST year. as in i was accepted at hls to start in fall 08, but i deferred to start this fall, fall 09. you do have to be enrolling this fall in order to be eligible for seo.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 05, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »
Did anyone catch that SEO webinar yesterday? I showed up for the second session and it looked like I was the only one there. Then I tried to pose a question for the host and the webinar shut down.  ???

Also, they did not tell people that the password was case sensitive, so it took a minute to log in. What a joke. ::)

Was anyone there? Did they publish a transcript?  :-\ :-[

rolen27

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
Has anyone interviewed in Chicago? where was the interview? What did you do for transportation?

AceKlub

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »
yep, interviewed in chicago this past weekend. interview is at the prudential building, google it and details should come up. anyone with questions, feel free to contact me. but basically it consisted of basic interview questions and a case question. i tend to agree with others on this board who say admission is heavily dependent upon T14 acceptance based on the way my interviewer emphasized the schools to which i have been accepted.

congrats Meesa!!

BJWriter26

« Reply #375 on: February 22, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
Hey I just got latter notifying me that I was waitlisted :( I have a few questions though:

1) Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are taken from off the waitlist?
2) The letter at one point makes reference to people who haven't yet scheduled an interview. It would seem weird to waitlist people who are granted interviews even before they've had them. Therefore, should I consider this truly as a waitlist or some other kind of notification?
3) The letter says that a further decision will be made by the final round notification, March 22. However, I am planning to visit one of my prospective schools on the 25th. Does that mean I'd have to turn my enrollment form by the 22nd?

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 23, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »
Hmm I don't know any more about SEO than I've read on this forum and top-law-schools. In previous years there was never any mention of a "waitlist." My guess is that this is something they're doing this year because in years previous applicants felt like there applicants went dead until they sent in enrollment notifications. Perhaps they feel that by "waitlisting" applicants can feel more up-to-date with the process rather than just dangling somewhere in between "interview" and "decision."

I would just think of this as "we are waiting on you until you send in enrollment notification." Also, if you've narrowed down your school choices, I would fax/e-mail them letting them know that you are down to school A or school B and will let them know a final decision w/enrollment notification by ____ date. As for the "final round notification," perhaps call them and ask.

BJWriter26

« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2009, 06:36:21 PM »
I called SEO and they told me that they would render a decision on the March 22nd (although it could come later or earlier). I'm between HLS and CLS currently, and I'm leaning towards HLS. However, I won't get a chance to visit HLS until mid-March (and CLS until after the decision date). I'd like to see both schools (for practical and personal relations) before I commit. Any thoughts?

AceKlub

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »
It sounds to me like SEO is simply trying to shift things into gear. It seems funny that they said a decision will be rendered on March 22, though it could come before or after. That, to me, reeks of negotiation tactics. I don't know why they would introduce such an arbitrary date for any other reason than to receive instant committments and thereby appease their corporate sponsors. I would imagine that the reason for the premature negotiation tactics is the recession and the effect it is having on law firms trying to cut costs. I imagine SEO would be able to leverage its bargaining power by assuring its partner firms that so many interns are lined up from top tier schools. However, I think it is important to note that this effort will without a doubt be undermined due to the fact that between 75-90% of all competitive candidates will most likely not make a decision until they receive financial aid info (which of course will not be until some time in april).

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2009, 01:51:52 AM »
I called SEO and they told me that they would render a decision on the March 22nd (although it could come later or earlier). I'm between HLS and CLS currently, and I'm leaning towards HLS. However, I won't get a chance to visit HLS until mid-March (and CLS until after the decision date). I'd like to see both schools (for practical and personal relations) before I commit. Any thoughts?

Commit to both and withdraw one before the summer. That will give you more time to visit. It's worth the money.