Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Internship  (Read 87006 times)

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Internship
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2009, 01:22:12 AM »
i thought on the application there was a section where we could say whether we had a conflict with the start and end dates... which i think were May 18th to mid/late-July...

BJWriter26

« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
I think it would have to be later than May, right? I mean, there's a 2 week classroom portion of SEO Corporate Law plus most (if not all) participants would be graduating (usually mid to late May). I think the mid-May qualification is probably more for the investment banking/asset management programs.

BJWriter26

« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »
I called SEO and found out that, generally, the program runs from the first week of June to early August.

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
sorry to be asking a noob question, but i'm thinking of applying and wasn't sure what the "Round 1" and "Final" deadlines were all about.  (obviously) i missed the Round 1 deadline, so i'm shooting for the Final/Feb 2 deadline.  but is the Final/Feb 2 deadline a second deadline for applicants who made the "Round 1" deadline, or is it just a "second chance" for ppl (like me) who missed the "Round 1" deadline?  thanks

throwawayname1

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »
sorry to be asking a noob question, but i'm thinking of applying and wasn't sure what the "Round 1" and "Final" deadlines were all about.  (obviously) i missed the Round 1 deadline, so i'm shooting for the Final/Feb 2 deadline.  but is the Final/Feb 2 deadline a second deadline for applicants who made the "Round 1" deadline, or is it just a "second chance" for ppl (like me) who missed the "Round 1" deadline?  thanks

It's just another deadline for applications, for "people like you"  ;)

I guess they have multiple deadlines to encourage people to apply early so that they don't have to process/interview all of the applicants at once. Applying early probably doesn't give you much of an advantage since I don't think they start assembling a class of interns until after they know where many of them have matriculated.

Coqui

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »
i looked everywhere on the website for any recommendation requirements but found none  :-\ ....am i right to say that they don't accept/require recommendations?

throwawayname1

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2009, 06:58:41 PM »
I recall them asking for recommendations, and that I submitted them after the interview. My memory is getting fuzzy on that point though. Sorry!

Coqui

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »
thanks throwawayname1!  anyone else recall if they had to submit recommendations after the interview?  thanks!!!

BJWriter26

« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »
I submitted mine shortly after securing an interview.

Coqui

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »
thanks bj!  btw congrats on the big H...i guess my slip up on lsn was indictive  ;)